New modem/router/voip in one.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What 3 products? It's a wireless router. I can't even access the tech specs to see what extra it offers for VOIP or what kind of range it has, whether it is dual-band or anything important.

I've tried IE & Firefox and from your link if I click Technical specs it completely locks up the browsers so if they can't code a webpage then I doubt I would trust them with my internet.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's an ADSL modem, wireless N router and a VoIP phone.

• ADSL2+ (including Annex M) and Ethernet Router VoIP and analog landline telephone system
  • High speed Wi-Fi Access Point via 802.11a/b/g and the latest 'n' standard
  • Connect two analogue phone handsets/fax machines and up to six DECT handsets
  • Wi-Fi encryption with WPA2, WPA, WEP-64 or WEP-128 Intelligent bandwidth management for perfect call quality
  • 4 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet switch
  • Integrated answering machine with voice-to-email USB 2.0 port Fax over IP with fax-to-email Integrated firewall with VPN capability for increased Internet security Up to 20 VoIP accounts IPv6 ready G.711A, G.711u, G.726-32, G.726-40, G.726-24, G729 and iLBC VoIP codecs
  • Media server for music, images and video across your network Internode FetchTV ready
Since it is a brand new hardware item and such, I would recommend that you wait until it's been on the market for several months to see what feedback it receives.

With new products there is always some issues that may crop up and such. That is why there are firmware updates for these things.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nibs, were you able to open the product specs? Every time I try my browsers lock up.

Reaction score
Sorry T/M not sure what the problem is for you. After I posted the link I clicked on it in the forum to make sure it worked and it's fine for me.
Currnetly I have a modem a wireless router and a voip box. I could get rid of all three for this one. If I've read it correclty it's also forward compatible with our new broadband network being rolled out.

Mike

Ps. Tried the link again this morning and it worked.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can follow your link but in THAT page on lower left is a link to "7270 tech spec" and that locks up in two different browsers for me.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I got through on the Tech Specs. It a PDF file download about a 9 MB. Slow server on their end though... took about 2 minutes to download.

I don't agree with getting something that has 3 devices in one, if one goes kaput, then you're sunk. Kinda like the old days where one could get an AM/FM stereo with turntable and 8-track or cassette player all-in-one.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't agree with getting something that has 3 devices in one, if one goes kaput, then you're sunk. Kinda like the old days where one could get an AM/FM stereo with turntable and 8-track or cassette player all-in-one.
Or TV with built-in VCR.

But he obviously has the three to fall back on that he has now.

But if what you have now works and there is no improvement to speed then it seems like a waste of money.

Reaction score
I can follow your link but in THAT page on lower left is a link to "7270 tech spec" and that locks up in two different browsers for me.
Ok, had not tried that but just did now. opened a PDF document which I printed out.

However if you have concerns with my link effecting the forum I can delete the post or you can if you need to.

Mike

Reaction score
I got through on the Tech Specs. It a PDF file download about a 9 MB. Slow server on their end though... took about 2 minutes to download.

5 yr guarantee though. Any others I've seen are only 1 or 2 max.
Yes I have the fall back of the other devices but this new one reduces cables and clutter and can cope with upgrades in broadband and would seem to have better security.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
It is great that it has a 5 year warranty but what will you do in the meantime waiting for a replacement?

Do as you want it's your system, you asked for opinions and that's mine to be honest. Any time you have a bunch of items involved in "circuit sharing" you're asking for problems IMO.

You have made up your mind regardless so get it and enjoy!

Let us know how it works out for you... ;-)

Reaction score
Not firm, as it's expensive (relativley speaking). I'd have my old stuff as fall back if I needed it.
Really when you think of it the entire PC is 'circuit sharing' ie the motherboard. Even more so now with on-board graphics and sound.
The other componet to my original question is if anyone has expereince with this brand. It's new to Australia but perhaps well known elsewhere.

Ask a Question