3G modem will not install

Reaction score
MOD NOTE: separated from this THREAD to it's own.

Hi!

I´ve tried the Tom's Hardware and deleted this key from registry, and still I cannot install any ZTE or Huawei 3g modem on my Windows 7. I had VMware Player version 4 installed and I read that that may cause the trouble so I also uninstalled it. Still with no sucess! Has anyone ideas to help me?

Thanks you very much

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
tiagao, could you post a screenshot of your registry at:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It looks correct. Do you get an error message when you install?

Maybe ... create a new administrator account and see if it will install on to the new account. (This is not a solution, just a test)

Reaction score
When I insert it! it says that an usb has been insert and correctly installed, then it say a new device was detected again but now it is called vodafone ...k3565 and it says it could not be installed!

I've download many drivers from the internet, I've tried to manually install, manually say to update drivers, but windows say it hasn't found drivers for the device!

I've created a new administrator account and it happens the same thing.

Also the software (vodafone mobile) says that the pen is not connected!

Thanks

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your 3G provider should have help support; have you tried calling them?

The registry issue was for people who had it working but it no longer would. Your registry looks fine.

Has your 3G modem ever worked?

Reaction score
It works on other laptops, also vodafone says to me that they cannot fix windows problems....

It was never installed on this laptop, I've also tried an friend's Huawei pen and same problem happens. I don't know what to do!

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You say it works on other laptops; are they Windows 7?

Also, can you look on that other laptop and see if that driver is called "Vodafone Mobile Broadband K3565-Z", that way at least we know it is trying to use the right driver.

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port?

Reaction score
Hi!

In the other laptop the driver with windows 7 is under modem category and is called "vodafone mobile broadband modem zte" - the name is diferent from the one displayed in mine. I thought I could backup and install in mine, but the other laptop is x32.

Could that be the reason for this - it is looking for a diferent driver (diferent name) and so doesn't install at all?

Yes I've tried in every usb port.

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well it is most common for 32bit drivers to be different than 64bit drivers so the K356-Z may be correct for 64bit but if it is then something is preventing it from installing.

It is also possible that the 3G devices you have don't have a proper 64bit driver. Will help support at least provide you a link to drivers for your 3G device, at least then we could see if any say 64-bit. This seems unlikely to me because 64bit has been around longer than 3G but it's possible if 64bit is uncommon in your country.

What you might want to do is plug it into the 32-bit machine where it does work and download and flash the 3G "card" with the latest firmware. That may cause it to be detected and installed properly once you then plug it into the 64-bit machine.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is a utility called Driver Sweeper. I've never used it before and I don't know if it would help of not but you might consider running that. Available HERE.

Unplug the 3G card, remove the drivers & then see if Driver Sweeper can remove any old remnants so that the next time you plug it in it might work.

Note: When I've seen it recommended they say to run Driver Sweeper in safe mode.

Reaction score
Driver sweeper doesn't recognise the vodafone drivers "it doesn't find them"

Thanks for all the help TrainableMan - I will try to "Vodafone Connect Pen K3806 " from a friend of mine and I will report.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Definitely update the firmware on a machine where it is recognized and then try it back on your machine; if it still won't work then I suspect there aren't 64-bit drivers for the device.

Ask a Question