New here

Mic

Reaction score
Just saying hi, check out my computer specs and tell me what you think. I bought the computer around Christmas 08.

I'm thinking about upgrading to 8GB of ram and then doing a clean install to 64bit Windows 7 from 32bit. The only thing is, I did the upgrade from Vista Home Premium 32bit because it was easy, I didn't lose any of my settings and my files and programs were installed in the registry and everything is working fine and dandy (after a couple of issues I fixed lol). I guess I'm just lazy, is there anything out there for people like me that want 64bit but are a little lazy about the reinstallation process afterwards?

Also, please add anything you guys think I can do to increase my Windows 7 experience with any upgrades I can make?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Mic and welcome to the forums :D

If you go for 8GB of RAM, then you'll need to install x64 to make use of it all. I think it's well worth doing a clean install to put x64 on :) I guess you must do a lot of video/design/CAD work to use 8GB, as 4GB is a decent amount for most users at the moment.

Mic

Reaction score
Then I probably won't need it, this computer is primarily a gaming machine + internet and email.

Ask a Question