new GPU

Reaction score
I just recently added a new to me (used) PowerColor ATI HD 4870 GPU to replace my old XFX ATI HD 4770. Which is only a year old. The exchange went with hitch and I'm up and running just fine. It runs a little warmer then the old GPU by only a few degrees C* and the fan is a little louder. The big difference that I noticed was the weight of the card itself and a dual power connection. It's a monster compared to my old card. I didn't think going from the 4770 to the 4870 would make that much of a difference but it has.

Reaction score
It'll certainly be faster and cooler (speed). The big disadvantage of ATI cards before 5000 series is the absence of super AA quality antialiasing - what NVIDIA has had since its 5-6000 series chips and what still remains a major advantage over ATI.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
The now AMD (but what the hell its still ATI to me) 6000 series will be showing a big jump in grunt ! ....so Im told ;)

Ask a Question