GPU settings

Reaction score
Is it better to use the gpu to enable gpu scaling of the monitor or to leave it disabled. If it is enabled what effects/benefits will it have?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I believe it's better. Most users won't notice any difference, but some do which use the HDMI connection from graphics card to monitor in a 16:9 format. Sometimes an inch border or so may appear if scaling is not adjusted correctly. Easy fix though.

Reaction score
I can enable and un-enable GPU scaling just fine and I don't have any black bars of any kind. The only problem I have is a slight flicker of my monitors when GPU scaling is enabled and it only happens when closing screen on a youtube video. Strange....

Reaction score
I think I've solved the flicker problem on monitors, whether gpu scaling is enabled or not, while watching/switching youtube videos. Right click the youtube video, select settings and the hardware acceleration box pops up, untick box....refresh or close/open and flicker is gone...it was driving me nuts. All good now.

Reaction score
Adjust gpu engine

Im running duel fire pro 7800's and noticed explorer causing interruptions to the graphics. I found in the process explorer by sys-internals under the system box you can select which gpu engine to use. It appears only gpu 1 is selected, which is also the gpu that handles the most display processing. By moving the selected engines over to 4,5,6 it seems to have taken the strain from gpu 1 processor.

Ask a Question