New Free Left4Dead Campaign

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good news for L4D fans! There's a new free level coming out soon which contains a few surprises:

Wah, wah, Left 4 Dead is getting no support from Valve! I guess they better put away this brand new campaign, then. "Crash Course" is coming to PC and Xbox 360, a brand new two-chapter campaign geared towards Versus Play and providing a shorter, more intense multiplayer experience. I'm the first person outside of Valve to play it, and I've been biting my tongue all week.

Crash Course is set shortly after the events of No Mercy, where it's revealed that the helicopter pilot who rescued Bill, Zoey, Louis and Francis was actually infected. The other survivors blame Zoey for crashing the chopper, since she's the one who ended up shooting the pilot. A whole bunch of new dialog has been recorded for the game, and there are one or two extra surprises in store for those who are used to how Left 4 Dead works.

I did ask Valve if it would be free but was told it could not be confirmed at the time, due to being in talks with Microsoft. Luckily, the press release we just received states it will cost 560 MS Points (boo Microsoft!), and be free on the PC. Bad news for 360 fans, great news for PC players.
You can read the preview here:
http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-crash-course-announced-as-new-campaign-142454.phtml

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
So Microsoft will be charging Xbox 360 users ~$7 for this downloadable content. Ouch! I was told that the Xbox 360 version of TF2 doesn't even have the class updates, anyone actually have it on the 360 and know for sure?

It's going to be interesting that Valve will be updating the game so close to the launch of Left 4 Dead 2...

Reaction score
I love L4D its fantastic and this new level sounds awesome. Do we know the release date?
I think it is pretty random of MS to make us pay when the 'Survival mode' was published for free. MS are so greedy and money hoggers!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So Microsoft will be charging Xbox 360 users ~$7 for this downloadable content. Ouch! I was told that the Xbox 360 version of TF2 doesn't even have the class updates, anyone actually have it on the 360 and know for sure?

It's going to be interesting that Valve will be updating the game so close to the launch of Left 4 Dead 2...
Yeah, very strange how it's free on one console and not on the other. I'm quite please I own it on the PC now :)

I wonder if they released this extra level to pacify those complaining how L4D2 came so soon after L4D when there was more expected from it. £35 seems pretty expensive for a game like L4D when there are only a few maps and modes to it (even though I really enjoy the game).

I love L4D its fantastic and this new level sounds awesome. Do we know the release date?
I think it is pretty random of MS to make us pay when the 'Survival mode' was published for free. MS are so greedy and money hoggers!
I'm not sure, but L4D2 is being released on 20 Nov 2009. I think I remember reading that "Crash Course" was coming some time in Sept, so not long to wait. :)

I don't know if it's MS paking people pay for the XBOX update or Valve. It seems odd how it's free on the PC but not on the XBOX.

Reaction score
What I am going to do, as I have L4D on Xbox 360, I will just go and by the L4D2 in November, will just be easier I suppose?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What I am going to do, as I have L4D on Xbox 360, I will just go and by the L4D2 in November, will just be easier I suppose?
It may be worth waiting for some more reviews/thoughts on the new level before you take the plunge, as L4D2 might blow it out of the water (although from what I can tell it looks very similar).

There's a little preview for L4D2 here:
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/left-4-dead-2/1005376p1.html

Reaction score
Such a funny video only the L4D fan would get - Enjoy :D

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]3dz27onVoS4[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - LEFT 4 DEAD PARODY ... LEFT 4 LOL .. XD MUST SEE[/ame]

Reaction score
OMG, I can't... stop... laughing....

Brilliant find olg :lol::lol::lol:

That is so true of the game!

Reaction score
I know - its so true and thats why it is so funny.
Especially when your team mates heal you at inappropriate times lol
and when they get in your way.

Reaction score
I played L4D for 3 hours last night after watching that video. It's such a good game!

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Yeah, the AI is getting better but it still has a very long way to go... lol

L4D tip, if you want to tell the AI to stop healing you, get out your medpack and they'll stop. Unfortunately there's no good tips about witches, the AI is going to set them off regardless of what you try to do. ;)

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
L4D tip, if you want to tell the AI to stop healing you, get out your medpack and they'll stop.
I didn't know that! Thanks :D

Think I'll give L4D another go tonight as it's been a while since I played it :)

Ask a Question