New Forum Software

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new forum software. When I got the notification I thought it may have been VB5 :p Boy am I glad to see that it has gone the XF way as this is very cool software. I am busy looking at converting my VB 4.2 site to XF as I already have a XF site running and I love it. Well done guys hope the Win8 forum will be going the same way

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new forum software. When I got the notification I thought it may have been VB5 :p
Thanks :). Oh no, not VB5! I had a look at it running on their official forums and couldn't believe it - it ran unbelievably slow, and this was on a forum that all their potential customers would browse. I've not actually seen it used in the wild yet.

Reaction score
lol Well I still have to find a forum running it myself. They really did not listen to their customers when doing that one did they. Not only is it bad from an admins point of view but also from a users side as you say really slow. XF really did a great job on this software and I am really enjoying it as a user and as an admin.

Reaction score
Woot Woot! Long time luker here. I've found lots of good info here. It's nice to see you guys on Xenforo. I just made the jump with my board a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
Thanks :). Oh no, not VB5! I had a look at it running on their official forums and couldn't believe it - it ran unbelievably slow, and this was on a forum that all their potential customers would browse. I've not actually seen it used in the wild yet.
I've seen a few. It does actually run relatively fast on other servers, however someone tried to upgrade to the beta and broke their site :p

However, xF all the way. I would never have found this site if they hadn't moved to xF - however that's a bit secret, so I'll stop now :)

Reaction score
I've seen a few. It does actually run relatively fast on other servers, however someone tried to upgrade to the beta and broke their site :p

However, xF all the way. I would never have found this site if they hadn't moved to xF - however that's a bit secret, so I'll stop now :)
vB 5 is garbage. I thought the release of vB 4 was bad (which really wasn't any good until 4.2) but holy bat poop way to bungle being the leader of the market.

I think XF is what vB 4 should have been minus a few things of course (photo gallery, etc)

Reaction score
vB 5 is garbage. I thought the release of vB 4 was bad (which really wasn't any good until 4.2) but holy bat poop way to bungle being the leader of the market.

I think XF is what vB 4 should have been minus a few things of course (photo gallery, etc)
Oh yes, don't get me wrong on that. I'm just saying some sites are using vB5 :)

I've been using xF for a while now, before that I was on vB4. I got vB4 when it had been out for a while already, so I didn't know about anything else...

Reaction score
Oh yes, don't get me wrong on that. I'm just saying some sites are using vB5 :)

I've been using xF for a while now, before that I was on vB4. I got vB4 when it had been out for a while already, so I didn't know about anything else...
Your name looks familiar. Are you admin-talk?

Ask a Question