Looking for some decent web forums for third-party Windows software

Reaction score
I know its poor etiquette to ask for a forum in another forum... but I'm looking for a decent list of discussion boards/forums on Third Party Windows Software... but all my search results keep yielding friggin forum software
instead of software forums... hyuk hyuk...
even while using quotation marks to indicate context in the search.

Can anyone please provide a decent list of discussion boards where I can discuss non-windows made software?

CHRISTOPHER RUDOLPH
SFC, US Army
Retired

• Budget Analyst
• Aviation Maintenance &
Logistics Management
• Aviation Financial
Management

Machine
CPU:AMD FX-8150 (x8 Core) 3.9GHz/4.2GHz (w/ Liquid Cooling)
MB:GIGABYTE GA-F2A85X-UP4
Case:LIAN LI PC-A7110B Alum. ATX Full Tower
○ 2x PSU Bays, 5x Ext. 5.25" Bays, 10x 3.5" Int. Bays
Graphics: Onboard Video (HDMI - Not a Gamer)
Audio: HT Omega Claro II
Drives: 2x 150GB Raptors in RAID 0 (Effectively a 300GB / 20,000 RPM OS HDD, 6x 2TB, 3x 1.5TB

Chris @ Clever-Dudes .com

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We have a Freeware DB of products that you might find of value. We also have a software section where you can ask questions or start discussions but if the regulars here don't use it or haven't heard of it then the chances of a speedy reply are probably quite low. Also spamming of software is not permitted and can get a person banned so it is important, especially for new-comers here, to be careful if they mention paid software that it doesn't look like an advertisement.

The fact is, large corporations that offer third-party software (Oracle, Symantic, Mozilla, Opera, etc), all host there own help forums. It has the advantage of putting the people asking the questions in a place where there is a high concentration of others familiar with that particular product base. But it would mean going multiple places for various manufacturers products.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
SFC, US Army
Retired
Thanks.

Third Party Windows Software
Just to make sure I understand, when you say "third party Windows", that suggests to me software NOT from Microsoft that runs on Windows computers. Is that what you mean?

Or do you mean alternative operating systems, like Linux?

If you mean software from makers besides Microsoft, there are 1000s and as TrainableMan suggested, you should start with the maker, if not found elsewhere on this site.

Beyond that, I think you should be more specific - either by stating the specific product you want information about, or at least the category of products (word processors, browsers, security products, utilities, etc.).

Ask a Question