Networking Driver question

Reaction score
I will be buying a new computer (64 bit). I currently run a 3.5 year old Dell (32 bit) with XP Pro and connect wirelessly with a DLINK router and adapter (DLINK DWA 130 Rev C) which is an N router, which replaced a G level router about 4 months ago. Would it be possible to download a driver that will work on the new machine now, or should I bite the bullet and add an adapter to the new computer? I emailed DLINK and have had no response.

Reaction score
Hi Sarahlmc - Welcome to w7forums

I'm not sure I follow your question.

You have a Wireless N router now that replaced a Wireless G router you had in the past. The Wireless N router will work with computers that have Wireless G cards as well as Wireless N. This is one of the specifications of Wireless N. It is back-wards compatible with all older cards.

You stated that you emailed DLINK but it's not their responsibility. Your new computer will either come with wireless support or not. If it comes with wireless support, you will be able to connect to the Wireless N router. If your computer does not come with a wireless adapter then you can purchase one at that time. The only reason you would need to contact DLink is if your new purchase was a DLink adapter in it and does not appear to work.

Ask a Question