Need Help Uninstalling IE fried to Intall new IE

Reaction score
I was unable to install IE 11. My IE 10 is fried. It works a little but not well. The IE 11 was rejected because something was wrong with 10. I went to the control panel Programs and Features but could not find IE to uninstall it.

Is there a way to make IE 10 appear in the control panel so I can remove it?

How can I uninstall IE 10 completely so I can get a clean copy of IE 11.

I would like to avoid going back to IE 9. Not sure I ever had 9 as I got this machine new in 2011.

I hope IE 11 is worth it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Try loading default settings in Internet Explorer Settings. If Internet Explorer will not load, setting can be found in Control Panel under "Internet Settings". There are two different options; "Restore Advanced Settings" and "Reset". If "Restore Advanced Settings" doesn't work "Reset is sure to fix the issue. If not then I would suspect Mal-ware of some sort.

There is also an option to "Turn Windows features on or off". The option can be found here "Control Panel >> Programs". Then remove the check for Internet Explorer 10, if you want Explorer turned off.

Reaction score
Is there a way to make IE 10 appear in the control panel so I can remove it?
How can I uninstall IE 10 completely so I can get a clean copy of IE 11.

Internet Explorer is regarded as an Update. As such you cannot find it via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Here is my instructions on how to uninstall IE10. Pay attention to the bold prints.
Note : this method is applicable to all IE versions, not just IE10.
How to uninstall IE10 :
Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to Microsoft Windows heading to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall.
Restart computer. Your system will revert back to the previous IE version automatically, such as IE9.
Once you are certain your IE is stable, you can try installing IE11 again.
Use this Microsoft official download link.... IE 11 for Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

Note : I gave the same answer to another member and he said it worked. Have a look at it if you care to.....
https://www.w7forums.com/threads/how-to-remove-internet-explore-11.18006/#post-161181

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Use the link in Control Panel > Programs and Features to "View Installed Updates". Find "Internet Explorer" under the "Microsoft Windows" section, select it, and choose uninstall.

InstalledUpdates.jpg

Ask a Question