SOLVED how to remove internet explore 11

Reaction score
hi how can I remove internet explore 11 back to 9 or 10 internet 11 is not working well on my computer

Reaction score
IE is considered as an update. You will not find it at Programs and Features. Please use the instructions below and pay attention to the bold prints.

How to uninstall IE11 :
Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to Microsoft Windows heading to find Windows Internet Explorer 11 > right click > click Uninstall.

Restart computer. The system will revert back to its previous IE version automatically.

Reaction score
thank you it worked
Something you should know.......
Because Internet Explorer is an update, IE11 will be offered to you again in Windows Update.
If you have Windows Update set at Automatic install, it will get re-installed before you know it.

Therefore, you need to do the following 2 things.......
1. Set your Windows Update to Manual.
To set Windows Update at Manual will give you option to install or not to install.
Start > in the search box, type windows update > press Enter > left side, click Change Settings > under Important Updates, click the pointer and change it to " Download updates but let me choose whether to install Them " > click OK when done.

2. When IE 11 shows up again in your Windows Update, " hide " it so that it will never appear again.
How to “ hide “ or “ restore “ hidden updates :
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html

Reaction score
great I did that. I was wondering how I got IE 11 . I'm learning alot from this fourm, all the dumd questions I ask get anwswed. I get a little smarter everyday LOL
thank you Alan

Ask a Question