Need help to install XP and 7 as dual boot

Reaction score
Anybody please post the step by step installation guide to install XP & 7 as dual boot. I installed it, but continuously facing some issues after that, think i have made some mistakes.. I want to do a fresh installation.. So please anybody post a step by step process.. It will be more useful for new guys like me..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
The best way is to install windows xp first then when thats done install windows seven after it. If you install win 7 first then xp that can mess up the boot loader and you will loose windows seven from the os boot choice menu. hope this helped

Reaction score
If you want a good program i suggest EasyBCD I personally use this to neaten up my boot menu, you can also use it to make backups of the boot menu so if you stuff something up you can revert it. :) here is a link http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I installed both xp and 7. XP( D drive) and 7(C drive). Managed boot loader using EasyBCD software. But i cant play anything in XP(32bit). While i check the drivers installed in control panel, its showing that no such devices. But i installed the drivers for windows 7(64 bit). Do i need to install separate drivers for this.? Anybody help pls.. And also system is very very slow when using windows 7. Even i cant open 'my computer'. Help please......

Reaction score
okay 1. what are the drivers for and 2 what are your system specs??

Reaction score
Intel Q3 processor, 4gb ram, 32ogb hard disk, Everything is latest one. Dell studio 1450,bought three months back

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
jk2005.jeeva, welcome to the forum! Not running an AV is a disaster in the making. It would only take a few minutes to setup MSE (a good, free AV & malware solution). I have XP & 7 on the same computer with no problems. Mabye you need to start over, install XP first, then 7 second. Update each as you install. Post back if you problems, this should really be easy to do.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Ask a Question