Need help figuring out BSOD

Reaction score
Hi,

I have suddenly been getting alot of BSOD with multiple causes, like Irql note less or equal, Bad pool header, Memory management and NTFS error.
I have done some searching for errors and updating drivers but nothing seem to do the trick.
I have run Memtest86+ with 16 passes witout errors. I've tried to disconnect all HDD except the one with win 7 and when that failed I tried another HDD that I have win XP on and that also gave me BSOD and just to be sure I ran surface scans of the all the harddrives but with no errors.
The last thing I tried was to take out 2 of the 4 ram sticks but that also failed and when I tried the 2 I took out first in the other slots it didnt work either.

Since it is not a problem with drivers (since I tested two OS on different HDD's) and the ram and HDD seem to be ok the only things left can only be the 3D-card, PSU or motherboard.
But I have stressed the 3D-card with furmark and it worked just fine..

My specs are
Asus P5N32-e sli plus
Nvidia GTX 260
OCZ DDR2 8500 (running at 800mhz with a voltage of 2.2)
Intel dual core e6600 @ 2,7ghz (temps around 35-50degrees C)
Corsair PSU 650w

The newest thing is the GTX 260 but that has been in the system for like a year and I even downclocked the ram and cpu just to see if it made any difference.

I am thinking the motherboard is failing but that is mostly a guess..
Please help out and let me know what you think could be causing all the BSOD's

Ps. seems I may have posted my thread in the wrong section.. Moderator please move it to the correct one if you like.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi.

C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder first. Then zip them. Attach the zip to a post.

Reaction score
Update the drivers for any and all Logitech devices you have (mouse, kb, gamepad, whatever):

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads

-----------

Uninstall or update UltraMon. If no update, definitely uninstall as the driver is too old:

Code:
UltraMonUtility UltraMonUtility.sys Thu Nov 13 20:10:30 2008
------------

Update this notorious driver:

Code:
 ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
Your motherboard page doesn't have it, so use this instead. The driver is exactly the same across all ASUS boards so this will do great for you:

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=cPrufUGXUlY9OsYv

Download tab. Windows 7 64 bit. Utilities section. Download/install " ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit"

-------------

If issues persist, uninstall AVG in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then reboot and install MSE.

---------

Good luck and post new crash dumps after doing all of the above, if necessary.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I shall try those and see if anything changes.

Though I think the issue is not within win 7 since I tried another HDD with Win XP that has worked very good for me just last year with all the same hardware and it gave me bsod with Win XP when I tried it with only that HDD the other night.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I shall try those and see if anything changes.

Though I think the issue is not within win 7 since I tried another HDD with Win XP that has worked very good for me just last year with all the same hardware and it gave me bsod with Win XP when I tried it with only that HDD the other night.
You're welcome.

If you'd like me to take a look to see what needs to be done for the XP install, you can post those crash dumps too, while starting a different thread.

Reaction score
I dont really need the XP install to work. I just tried to use an OS that I knew worked fine and never had any bsod's at all and that has not had any updates that could have messed anything up.
It was after that crashed that I began to seriously suspect hardware failure instead of driver issues.
But of course I am willing to try updating the software if there is any chance it might work :)

Reaction score
Windows 7 crashes with old notorious drivers and also has been known to crash like wild with AVG in the past.

I showed you things completely necessary to do. :)

Reaction score
Ok, I see. I did the updates, all except uninstalling AVG. So I guess it is just wait and see what happens tomorrow. I'll keep you updated when I have some news

Reaction score
Hi again.

Unfortunately I had some more bsod after the updates I made. Also when running memtest86+ again with only 2 ram sticks (of 4 total, i combined different sticks in different slots) I had multiple errors on the ram and also restarts when running the tests. These results puzzled me a bit since the sticks gave no errors with 16 passes earlier when all 4 was in..
I then felt quite certain that win 7 was not to blame since the program runs from boot.

You could say I gambled a bit here as I went on to buy a new motherboard, but I felt like that was the broken part. I know it might as well have been the ram sticks but I have not had a bsod since reinstalling win 7 on the new MB!

So for now I am happy and I hope it lasts so I do not need new Ram as well.

Br

Ask a Question