SOLVED Name pf Program

Reaction score
Refresh my memory please somebody.
I have Belark advisor which gives me some details about my machine but I recall there was another, I thought it was SIS but a google search did not find it.

It listed all the hardware, their licences keys and stuff like that.

I cannot get my new Kindle to connect to my Wifi , it's asking for a password but don't have one set so need to check my settings to see if there is something I've missed/forgotton.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you tried the default Admin/Admin for the user and password?

Reaction score
I've solved the Kindle problem but for reference can anyone still point me to the other program I was asking about in my o/p ?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The S.I.W. standalone app is the one you want to use. It does not install and works very well for what you're needing to do.

How do you like your new Kindle? I got mine two weeks ago and absolutely love it! Lot of free books are available for download from the Kindle store too.

Reaction score
Thanks guys S.I.W was what I was trying to remember. I think,,hmm, maybe it was the SISsoft Sandra. Old age.
Well it's the GF's kindle and as a bit of hardware it's good. I used it in bed last night (the kindle not the GF) but honestly, I'd never bother with one, I hate the way it flashes pages and you still dont have the same reading area as you get with an open paperback book and really the weights not much different.

For the cost of buying it I can get a lot of 2nd hand novels from the shop.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
For me, it's the contrast on the page. Far better contrast on the Kindle versus a paperback's printed page. For my eyes that's what matters.

Also, the free books I have downloaded have more than made up for the purchase price. Pride and Prejucice, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Memoirs of William Tecumseh Sherman, The Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant, Aesop's Fables, and so on.

Ask a Question