My hard disk : 300 gb
my windows experiance index rating : 4.2

my system is slow even i clear my histiry & defragged disk

Regards,
Satya

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sounds as if you have a notebook computer. Is that true?

When you state "slow", what do you mean specifically?

A WEI of 4.2 sound like you have a notebook computer. Remember a notebook will never have a WEI as a desktop computer would. Also remember that the Windows WEI is merely a "benchmark", and an artificial one at that.

Reaction score
Slow means it stuck for some time...

even for refreshing also it take more time...

I restored my notebook to the past backup point. then it is normal for one day after that again slow

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If it slows down again shortly after you restore the notebook, then that suggests it is due to something you are doing.

Note you MUST have a good anti-malware solution and a software based firewall running. There are several capable anti-malware solutions - I use MSE and I use Windows Firewall. After that, it is up to the user to "practice safe computing" by keeping the system updated, patched, scanned and blocked - and to avoid risky behavior like filesharing via torrents or through P2P sites that allow illegal filesharing.

And it is slow at everything, or just surfing the net, or something else?

Reaction score
Yes , it is slow at everything. while opening any applications, or doing any work it is slow

Just now i checked windows firewall, it is in ' off ' mode.

I turned it 'on'. now what i do?

Last edited:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
, it is in ' off ' mode.
That's not good. The only reason it should have been turned off is if you installed another firewall. Is Windows Firewall your only firewall installed?

Are you using a real-time anti-malware solution?

Reaction score
Yes, I am Having updated Kaspersky 6.0 anti virus software installed in my notebook. & that anti-virus commercial licence is expire within 78 days

Regards,
Satya

Last edited:
Reaction score
While i am running the quick scan with Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware, My kaspersky shown notification like virus detected :

" 4/24/2012 8:15:41 PM C:\Users\FIN1\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OL7TGHVL\VLCSETUP[1].EXE//UPX detected: riskware 'not-a-virus:WebToolbar.Win32.Zango.gen' "

i nutralized that

&Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware is not detected any viruses during quick scan , am i run full scan?

Ask a Question