SOLVED MPG to DVD

Reaction score
Try as I may I cannot find software to convert an .MPG file to DVD

Most seem to be looking for TS_Video and TS_something else folders which I do not have. Not even the much-vaunted Nero will convert this type of file.

Anyone know of anything?

Reaction score
Try as I may I cannot find software to convert an .MPG file to DVD

Most seem to be looking for TS_Video and TS_something else folders which I do not have. Not even the much-vaunted Nero will convert this type of file.

Anyone know of anything?
I'm not quite sure why you are having trouble with Nero. It has worked for me in the past.

However you could always convert the MPG to a different format such as AVI before you try writing to DVD.

Here are two Media Converter's that I have used:

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why you are having trouble with Nero. It has worked for me in the past.
Perhaps, but Nero 6 at least won't do this, even in XP !

However you could always convert the MPG to a different format such as AVI before you try writing to DVD.
I did, but the quality in .AVI was very much poorer than the original .MPG.

Here are two Media Converters that I have used:
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I use ConvertXtoDVD 4 and it works great for me, plus it's very fast.

Reaction score
I use ConvertXtoDVD 4 and it works great for me, plus it's very fast.

CovertXtoDVD 4 is one of the best converters out there in my opinion, used it for years, can be a bit lengthy in converting sometimes depending on what you are converting.but very good!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just FYI, although a good product, ConvertXtoDVD is not freeware.

Reaction score
CovertXtoDVD 4 is one of the best converters out there in my opinion, used it for years, can be a bit lengthy in converting sometimes depending on what you are converting.but very good!
Thanks. Also to Trainable Man.

I'll have a look at both.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Perhaps, but Nero 6 at least won't do this, even in XP !
Just FYI, I owned Nero 6 when I upgraded to W7 and the Windows 7 upgrade advisor says it has known compatibility issues so you may need to upgrade your Nero or switch to something else like IMGBurn, as I did.

Reaction score
Just FYI, I owned Nero 6 when I upgraded to W7 and the Windows 7 upgrade advisor says it has known compatibility issues so you may need to upgrade your Nero or switch to something else like IMGBurn, as I did.
I have only used it in XP, It doesn't even work on that OS, although it used to as I recall ...

Reaction score
I have v3 of that working now. The video is good, but the sound is lagging. Works well with .MPG, which others seem to have trouble with.

Is there a setting in the programme which will ensure the sound is always in line with the video?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I use version 3 myself. When you say lagging, do you mean it is "not in sync"? As long as it is consistent, like always half a second behind, you can adjust that.

Simply open up the file properties and dblclick on the audio. Tweak it +/- in milliseconds.
convertx.jpg

Reaction score
I use version 3 myself. When you say lagging, do you mean it is "not in sync"? As long as it is consistent, like always half a second behind, you can adjust that.

Simply open up the file properties and dblclick on the audio. Tweak it +/- in milliseconds.
View attachment 1983
Many thanks! Yes I meant it's not in synch - the sound lags the video by about a second.

So I'd want +1000 mS. I assume that is good for all future burns, otherwise one's likely to need to burn each DVD twice to get the synch right.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No it can change for every movie - usually I use 0sec but it depends if it started in sync. ConvertX just offers you a way to adjust it but really the fault is the original file being out-of-sync.

The easiest thing to do is NOT put the DVD in the burner. Go to settings, the General tab, and set the working folder to someplace you can remember. This is where the files are stored on your harddrive before being burned to DVD.

When it asks you to insert a DVD you first go to this harddrive location and play it from there. If it plays in sync then push in the blank DVD and allow it to burn; if not then hit cancel and try a different setting.

Reaction score
No it can change for every movie - usually I use 0sec but it depends if it started in sync. ConvertX just offers you a way to adjust it but really the fault is the original file being out-of-sync.
:(

The easiest thing to do is NOT put the DVD in the burner. Go to settings, the General tab, and set the working folder to someplace you can remember. This is where the files are stored on your harddrive before being burned to DVD.

When it asks you to insert a DVD you first go to this harddrive location and play it from there. If it plays in sync then push in the blank DVD and allow it to burn; if not then hit cancel and try a different setting.
Again many thanks. I didn't know you could preview the DVD before burning it. In fact I know very little about the software. I shall have to learn!

Thanks again.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Check this out, it may help. IMGburn is built in

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]nGClM8gmuyI[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - Convert AVI, MPEG, MOV to DVD for free with DVD Flick[/ame]

Ask a Question