Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Hello,

I am using the Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
and Windows 7.Everything is installed correctly, updated and so on.

Unfortunately, the computer freezes while I starting a video clip (Windows Media Player or other players, doe not matter). :dontknow:

If I am using the VGA driver (not recommend), it is working but the bubble screen saver is not. :confused:

Does anybody uses the same Intel Chipset? What is your experience? :adore:

Thanks,

DIDDL
:ciao:

Reaction score
:)

Hi Ian, :adore:

Thank, yes I have downloaded the Intel driver.

I changed the acceleration settings and now I can play videos. It was difficult to find the settings.

Thank you very much.

Thanks,

DIDDL
:ciao:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Updated Drivers

Hi, I am having the same problem and was wondering where you found the correct driver for Win 7? I keep trying the drivers from Intel's site and I keep getting either "not supported version of windows" or the driver doesn't need to be updated. A link to the correct download would be helpful.

Thanks,
Justin

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you try changing the acceleration settings, as I think that's what worked for the poster above? :) (not ideal, but a temporary solution until Intel update their drivers for W7)

Reaction score
Hello japorter1983,

I have downloaded the version from Intel. However, W7 will install the driver automatically.

Please disable the hardware acceleration and everything will work fine. It is just a temporary solution but working. Maybe not all videos are running smoothly but it is better than no videos!

DIDDL
:cool:

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just installed Windows 7 and experiencing a few problems with video playback. the video starts to lag and freezes.

I read the post above about the graphics acceleration settings thought I'd give that a go but i can't seem to find the settings.

Can anyone tell me how to get to those settings please?
Thanks

00hg

Graphics Adapter:Intel(R) 915 Express Chipset Family

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I read the post above about the graphics acceleration settings thought I'd give that a go but i can't seem to find the settings.
Hello and welcome 00hg!

Try right clicking your desktop > Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Troubleshoot > Change Settings

You should then see a slider to adjust the graphics hardware acceleration :)

Reaction score
I just ran the Windows update and it solved the problem.

Thanks anyway for reply

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
there were no drivers listed for vista or win7 on that site. only XP 2k and *nix...
I wouldn't worry about downloading any drivers from there, as Windows should have the latest ones that you'll need. Try running Windows Update to see if it detects anything :)

Reaction score
I just ran the Windows update and it solved the problem.

Thanks anyway for reply
i used the updated driver and that also worked for me

you are correct Ian, im just used to drivers obtained through windows update breaking my stuff rather than fixing it which is why it was my last resort...lol

Reaction score
win7 intel 915 driver solved

Official windows 7 driver for 915 chipset is at Windows Update Catalog.
Use this one, forget tricks and unofficial things.

Navigate with IE8 to here

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

and install plugin. Then type Intel Intel 915GM

Then go to device manager, update driver, Select the option to "Search for Drivers on my Computer" and point it to where you downloaded the file. Then "Manually Select a Driver" Finally Select Display Adapters and the 915 Driver is there

credits---->
manosdoc
ldavies83

Reaction score
Intel(R) 915 Express Chipset Family

I am lookinkg else for the same Divers 915GM/GMS, 910 ML for the Windows.
By Intel aren`t anny of them.

Could you please give me the name of file that you downloaded from Intel?

Thank you for the help.

Reaction score
Once you have Navigate to

using IE8 and installed the plugin required, then just type " Intel 915GM" in the search box.

The file name is:

Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Windows 7 Client

click on "add", then click on "view basket" and downloads :D

Hope this help,

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score

using IE8 and installed the plugin required, then just type " Intel 915GM" in the search box.

The file name is:

Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Windows 7 Client

Hope this help,
Thanks, that was the download that I've been looking all over the place for. You get no help from Intel on these chipsets, there's still a few older computers that has life in them. Anything over five years old, no help from them. Are Intel and Canon any kin?:lol:

Reaction score

The file name is:

Windows 7 Client

Hope this help,

Hi,

I couldn't follow the steps completely I got to "add a legacy" instead of "search for new drivers".

However I still got to install the driver. After a restart, it gave me a Code 10 error, reading "This device cannot start".

ANY help will be much appreciated.

Reaction score
So I retried the process again. I uninstalled it and everything to start as fresh as I can (without reformatting)

Instead of adding a new legacy, I updated the drive. However, when I tried to update it, it said that there is a compatibility issue, and I said update anyways.

I got the "Standard VGA" to say "Mobile Intel..." but it still gives me a Code 10 error.

Again any help will be much much appreciated.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
What you can do, is go to Driver Max, they have free & paid versions, with the free one, you can get two drivers per day. It worked on my older notebook.

Also for $5 or so, you can obtain a driver disc for many older computers on eBay. Once you're on the site, in the search box, type in "driver disc for (your computer make & model)". These discs comes with all of your original drivers, as well as a lot of tools, many more than you'll ever use.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Ask a Question