Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I had to use the same driver on my Dell notebook that died a month ago. Here's the zip file.

http://download.cnet.com/win2k-xp142550-zip/3000-2108_4-139621.html

NOTE: When this driver is installed, at first it won't go. There will be a message to "reinstall using recommended settings". Use that option, and the graphics on the computer should work. Keep in mind that it's a Win 2K/XP driver, and does not give you Aero support, however your screen should be readable.

Cat

Reaction score
Hey Cat, is that driver specifically for Dell's?
The driver I have posted is a Windows Vista compatible driver for HP's.

Dan

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
No, it's specific to the graphic cards listed on the page that I linked. The brand (OEM) of computer makes no difference.

The only reason that I posted this here, was that a new member (that I don't know, w/only 1 post) PM'd me wanting this driver. I figured it was best to post it on the open forum for anyone that needs it.

Cat

Reaction score
Hi, Lotus...great post, and great help!! Now, can we run AERO? I cannot see an option...I downloaded the new direct X...I am running Vista Buisiness service pack 2...would really like knowing...thanks again for your wonderful help...hey, could you run Aero in 7??? Thanks, nortrek!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi, Lotus...great post, and great help!! Now, can we run AERO? I cannot see an option...I downloaded the new direct X...I am running Vista Buisiness service pack 2...would really like knowing...thanks again for your wonderful help...hey, could you run Aero in 7??? Thanks, nortrek!!!!!!!!
NorTrek, I am glad to help you. I don't know anything about Aero. I just googled it to learn. If you had to use this driver work around to get your older laptop running Windows 7 then I doubt if it would run any high end graphics intensive programs.
For example, on battery I couldn't even run Mahjong full screen. The window was there but it was white. It wouldn't display any tiles. As soon as I plugged my laptop in...the tiles would display normally.
I have been running this setup since March 2011 and all seems well. My processor cooling fan kicks in a lot while watching movies / videos.
And other than some momentary vertical color bars at bootup...when the graphics driver loads...I haven't experienced any real issues.
This driver works well for a Standard Windows 7 32 Bit load running everyday business or personal apps.

Reaction score
Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Solution FOUND!!!
HP Pavilion dv4000 series laptop
I recently installed Windows 7 on my HP dv4275nr which uses the 915GM/GMS Mobile video. After SEARCHING and SEARCHING I finally came back to the dlcsnsw posting above about "try the HP driver SP34749".
If you search on HP's website...it doesn't come up. However you can FTP to it directly using this link.
ftp://hp.com/ftp1/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.exe

The html info file says that it is for Windows Vista operating systems
ftp://hp.com/ftp1/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.html

Now comes the tricky part.

Run sp34749.exe and let it expand the files. The install will fail due to operating system.

Use Computer "left hand" pane to navigate to the Local Disk (C:) c:/SwSetup/sp34749 directory

Right click on setup.exe

Click Properties and compatibility TAB. Click Run this program in compatiblity mode for windows xp
and click Privilege Level Run this program as an administrator
Click OK
Run Setup.exe

It may take a while and look like it is "Hanging".

Reboot when it is done. Works fine so far!
This should work in Vista too.
Driver version is 6.14.10.4704 dated 10/6/06
Enjoy.
IT'S WORKING!!! Thank you so much...

Reaction score
NorTrek, I am glad to help you. I don't know anything about Aero. I just googled it to learn. If you had to use this driver work around to get your older laptop running Windows 7 then I doubt if it would run any high end graphics intensive programs.
I have been running this setup since March 2011 and all seems well. My processor cooling fan kicks in a lot while watching movies / videos.
And other than some momentary vertical color bars at bootup...when the graphics driver loads...I haven't experienced any real issues.
This driver works well for a Standard Windows 7 32 Bit load running everyday business or personal apps.
@ NorTrek. As a follow up to my post...I stumbled upon the Windows Experience Index (WEI) the other day while I was playing Mahjong. With my 2005 vintage HP laptop runing Windows 7...my WEI is a whopping 1.0 across the board. During the same session I found that you should have a higher WEI to run Aero.

Reaction score
910 915 win 7 drivers

there were no drivers listed for vista or win7 on that site. only XP 2k and *nix...
If anybody wants the drivers email me

{MODERATOR NOTE: email address removed, please click on the userid and then select "send a private message"}

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
driver

Last week I installed Windows 7 on an rather old Latitude 130L... and without graphic driver.. rather disappointing.

I will test all drivers here later this evening and let you guys know!

:beer:

Ask a Question