Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's the one! It has both Windows & Linux drivers. I did go back a page on this thread, there's also one from the Microsoft library, but the one from Intel is the latest, although it's an older product. I have that very same chipset in my notebook, so it's fairly old. There's a Win 2K driver listed, too. I'll apply them in the morning and see if I can tell any difference.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Intel is not supporting any drivers in Windows 7 for this family of Chipsets.

Nor is there any support for Vista.

You're out of luck on this one.

Are you looking for graphics drivers for Windows 7*?
The Microsoft Windows 7* operating system (OS) supports two different graphics driver models: the Windows* Display Driver Model (WDDM 1.0 & 1.1) and the older Windows* XP Driver Model (XPDM). WDDM drivers provide the 3D graphical user interface experience to users.

XPDM drivers provide an interface that visually resembles the Windows XP user interface and do not support Windows 7 OS premium features such as the Microsoft Aero* user interface.

Only XPDM drivers** are available for the following older Intel® graphics controllers:

• Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller
Note Intel has not tested XPDM graphics drivers on the Windows 7 operating system. XPDM drivers may install but may function with limited functionality.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You're right, Windows 7 will run on my notebook, and consumes less resources (contrary to many reports, battery life is better) but it doesn't look as good as it does on a modern system. It was built to run XP Pro. However, Vista looks really good on it, even better than XP does. Problem is, even with 2GB RAM (it's max), it's a little slower, and has shorter battery life.

Funny thing, Windows 7 & Vista has similar graphics, Vista looks good on it, while 7 is dull looking. But Vista was released less than a year after it was built, mabye that explains why it looks better than 7 does.

Reaction score
Well thx for the help guys. But since nothing worked I reinstalled XP, and unfortunately it still doesn't work. I'm working with HP now to solve the problem. I looked to see if it was still inserted correctly and it is. Anyways when I fix the problem on XP I think I'm going to re-try with windows 7. And I'll post again when it doesn't work. Thanks for the replies.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
We hope you'll get it all worked out and such.

I know how frustrating this can be, believe me.

Keep us posted.

Reaction score
Hi, I am having the same problem and was wondering where you found the correct driver for Win 7? I keep trying the drivers from Intel's site and I keep getting either "not supported version of windows" or the driver doesn't need to be updated. A link to the correct download would be helpful.

Thanks,
Justin
try the HP driver SP34749

Reaction score
driver needed......
please help...........................

Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Adapter Type Not Available, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Adapter RAM Not Available
Installed Drivers Not Available

Driver Version 6.14.10.4764
INF File oem6.inf (i915GM1 section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries Not Available
Resolution Not Available
Bits/Pixel Not Available
Memory Address 0xFEB00000-0xFEB7FFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\igxpmp32.sys (6.14.10.4764, 5.41 MB (5,672,032 bytes), 1/13/2007 10:33 AM)
Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Adapter Type Not Available, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Adapter RAM Not Available
Installed Drivers Not Available

Driver Version 6.14.10.4764

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Solution FOUND!!!
HP Pavilion dv4000 series laptop
I recently installed Windows 7 on my HP dv4275nr which uses the 915GM/GMS Mobile video. After SEARCHING and SEARCHING I finally came back to the dlcsnsw posting above about "try the HP driver SP34749".
If you search on HP's website...it doesn't come up. However you can FTP to it directly using this link.
ftp://hp.com/ftp1/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.exe

The html info file says that it is for Windows Vista operating systems
ftp://hp.com/ftp1/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.html

Now comes the tricky part.

Run sp34749.exe and let it expand the files. The install will fail due to operating system.

Use Computer "left hand" pane to navigate to the Local Disk (C:) c:/SwSetup/sp34749 directory

Right click on setup.exe

Click Properties and compatibility TAB. Click Run this program in compatiblity mode for windows xp
and click Privilege Level Run this program as an administrator
Click OK
Run Setup.exe

It may take a while and look like it is "Hanging".

Reboot when it is done. Works fine so far!
This should work in Vista too.
Driver version is 6.14.10.4704 dated 10/6/06
Enjoy.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Dell Latitude D610 that has the very same chipset, 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family. Last week, I installed Win 7 Pro (32 bit) on it. In the past Windows Update bailed me out, but not this time, the icons were really big, and I couldn't see the whole page.

What I could do was adjust the resolution, it looked good, but after a reboot, everything went back the way it was. So my only hope was to look on Intel's site, they had no drivers for Win 7 or Vista (using their 'scan' utility), and I had to dig through archives to find a suitable driver.

Finally, I found one, a Win 2K driver, at first it didn't work, then a screen appeared, offering to "reinstall, using recommended settings". It worked perfectly.

No, it's screen doesn't look close to this one, but at least it's readable, and usable. For a 6 year old notebook, it looks good.

Cat

Last edited:
Reaction score
This worked for me Thanks LGLotusDan. Dell D610 Simple and effective!!
Your welcome. Nothing more frustrating than trying to track down an unsupported driver. Glad it helped. Mine has been working fine for almost a week now. :)

Dan

Reaction score
hey invilink,

I have already gone into that that site “microsoft update catalog” last time, around a year ago, when i have downloaded that driver. And yeah that intel driver 915gm chipset is there. I already got one but I forgot to backup that driver when I reformatted my laptop.:( I went again on that site and search for that driver but it seems that driver is gone now. I would just like to ask if you have any backup of that driver? I know that it is inside a folder when it is downloaded. If you have any, could I request if you could post a link where I could download that driver. I would really appreciate it much.. :)

Thanks.. hope you would reply with a link.:ciao:

Reaction score
hey invilink,

I have already gone into that that site “microsoft update catalog” last time, around a year ago, when i have downloaded that driver. And yeah that intel driver 915gm chipset is there. I already got one but I forgot to backup that driver when I reformatted my laptop.:( I went again on that site and search for that driver but it seems that driver is gone now. I would just like to ask if you have any backup of that driver? I know that it is inside a folder when it is downloaded. If you have any, could I request if you could post a link where I could download that driver. I would really appreciate it much.. :)

Thanks.. hope you would reply with a link.:ciao:
I just downloaded the file using the links from my original posting???

They are NOT on the Microsoft Update they are located on HP's FTP web site.

You can STILL FTP to it directly using this link.

ftp://hp.com/ftp1/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.exe

The html info file says that it is for Windows Vista operating systems
ftp://hp.com/ftp1/pub/softpaq/sp3450...0/sp34749.html

Dan

Reaction score
thanks Dan.. you're the man.. ive benn looking for a video driver that will be compatible with this but only this driver worked for me.. :)

Reaction score
Intel 915GM driver

The driver disappeared from Microsoft Catalogue.

Somebody still has it?

Janos

Reaction score
The driver disappeared from Microsoft Catalogue.

Somebody still has it?

Janos
I am not sure why you are looking in a Microsoft Catalogue??? My original posting pretty much clarifies that this driver does not exist on any site except for HP's FTP server site.

The Link I included below is still active.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question