missing driver file.

Reaction score
Upon bootup, after sign in, I get the following message:

"There was a problem starting.

C:\Users\Patric~1\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3279418\TBVerifier.dll

Specified module could not be found.

Windows boots normally at this stage.
I know enough to realize this is a driver file. Beyond that, I have no clue regarding the significance of this message.
I would appreciate any input regarding the solution to this problem.
Thank you.

Patrick

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
TBVerifier.dll is part of the nuisance software Conduit Toolbar. You likely removed the toolbar but a link was left in your startup. So this isn't really a driver and it isn't really a good thing to have on your computer either.

By any chance do you have CCleaner installed? If not then I suggest you install it because it will be the easiest way to resolve this. Once you install CCleaner, the second tab on the left is Registry ... Select scan for issues, then Fix Selected Issues, say yes to Backup the changes, and store them before CCleaner removes them. Reboot your system and report back if the error is gone.

NOTE: As with any software, watch for and uncheck any options to change your homepage or install toolbars, other unrelated software, etc; CCleaner is very good software but as is the case with many freeware programs, they do often try to make a few cents by bundling things that pay them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Followed your instructions with CCleaner. Restarted, but same message appeared. Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your input. I always try to prevent "stowaways" from sneaking on to my computer.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, could you open CCleaner again and this time chose the third option "Tools", then choose "Startup", and take a screenshot of the "Windows" tab and post it here. Note the most important part is the "File" section so if you have to rearrange things, squeeze publisher and key so more of File is shown.

Reaction score
Here is the Screen Shot as requested. Hope this helps, Awaiting your reply. Have deleted temporary files, but no change.

Patrick Ahern

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Patrick it is important I see more of the last column "File". If you grab the bar between the column headings you can drag them smaller so that File has the most room. Also after you take a screenshot scroll down and take a second screenshot so I can see the bottom half as well. The second one in the list that starts with ConduitFloatingPlugin I know you can delete but I need to see more to know if you should delete the first and third items. I also personally delete AdobeARM (or atleast disable) because I don't need Adobe checking for updates automatically. Unless you use it I would also disable Bing desktop.

I can definitely still see a link to Conduit which is a toolbar that I consider malware because it often takes over and controls your home page and searches and spams ads. I suggest you go to control panel > programs and features and uninstall anything related to "Conduit".

Ask a Question