A required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing

Reaction score
Hello!!!
I bought a new PC with the following specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHZ 8-CORE BOX
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

SSD: CORSAIR CSSD-F128GBGS-BK 128GB 2.5

I searched on different websites and i found that my bios is UEFI, something like that i don't know what is it but i google it and i made my USB bootable for UEFI.
Then i opened my PC i pressed F2 and that's my bios:

Then i pressed Advance Mode and...:

Then i pressed Boot:

i dont know what to do next:
After boot i get this error:

I tried the method with the command (diskpart, list disk, select disk e.t.c)
but after that it crashed the button "Repair your computer"

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you did "diskpart, list disk, select disk" because messing with drive partitions would have nothing to do with a missing driver.

Windows 7 Installation Disk includes many device drivers but it cannot contain them all, especially for hardware which was released after it was released, such as SSDs. To get additional drivers you need to visit the manufacturer of your computer or in the case of custom built machines, the manufacturer of the motherboard. And for your SSD and DVD-Rom, their manufacturer.

Drivers/BIOS for your Motherboard are HERE
I can only guess drivers for your SSD are in the Toolbox available HERE.
And your DVD Rom drive if you have one would depend on the make/model.

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you did "diskpart, list disk, select disk" because messing with drive partitions would have nothing to do with a missing driver.

Windows 7 Installation Disk includes many device drivers but it cannot contain them all, especially for hardware which was released after it was released, such as SSDs. To get additional drivers you need to visit the manufacturer of your computer or in the case of custom built machines, the manufacturer of the motherboard. And for your SSD and DVD-Rom, their manufacturer.

Drivers/BIOS for your Motherboard are HERE
I can only guess drivers for your SSD are in the Toolbox available HERE.
And your DVD Rom drive if you have one would depend on the make/model.
Thank you for the answer!!
But how can i put the drivers into my USB??
Also which of those drivers i should download?
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/HelpDesk_Download/

Please explain me what should i do cause i am not experienced!!!
Thank you

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I downloaded that Corsair Toolbox and I see no drivers so that can't be what you need. Did the SSD come with a driver disk? I do not believe W7 includes any drivers for SSDs so there must be a driver you can get from Corsair somewhere.

My best hunch is it is a driver for the SSD that you need but if that isn't it then ...

From the motherboard drivers I would probably get
under the "Utilities" section:
"ASUS Boot Setting V1.00.18 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7 & 32/64bit 8 & 32/64bit 8.1."
"Disk Unlocker V2.1.3 for Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7 & 32/64bit 8."
and under the "SATA" section:
"Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V2.0.8.0 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)"
"AMD RAID Driver V3.3.1540.35 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)"

To get drivers onto your USB you need to use a machine that is working and download the files. If you have W7 Installation on a flash drive then I recommend creating a folder called Drivers and then you can put the drivers under there or even in subfolders under the Drivers folder. What makes things even more complex is that drivers are often shipped in an exe. Normally this is just a self-extracting zip folder and so you can rename it to .zip instead of .exe and then drag the files out. But if there are many files in the zip-exe then you also have to have some experience recognizing drivers; normally you are looking for a folder that includes .INF files. The INFormation files are instructions to the computer as to which driver(s) to install.

When everything is great and the W7 installer has everything it needs, then a W7 install is easy, but unfortunately when you have newer hardware those drivers didn't exist when the W7 Installer was created. It can take a lot of trial and error to find the right driver the installer is looking for. The most common drivers needed are SSD, RAID, and USB 3. But it also takes some experience with drivers and experience with the actual hardware is also helpful to be able to know which drivers and then how expand them and pick out the important bits to copy to the flash drive.

I think you best chance is to try and contact Corsair support for your SSD and see if they can help with the install.

Reaction score
I downloaded that Corsair Toolbox and I see no drivers so that can't be what you need. Did the SSD come with a driver disk? I do not believe W7 includes any drivers for SSDs so there must be a driver you can get from Corsair somewhere.

My best hunch is it is a driver for the SSD that you need but if that isn't it then ...

From the motherboard drivers I would probably get
under the "Utilities" section:
"ASUS Boot Setting V1.00.18 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7 & 32/64bit 8 & 32/64bit 8.1."
"Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V2.0.8.0 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)"

To get drivers onto your USB you need to use a machine that is working and download the files. If you have W7 Installation on a flash drive then I recommend creating a folder called Drivers and then you can put the drivers under there or even in subfolders under the Drivers folder. What makes things even more complex is that drivers are often shipped in an exe. Normally this is just a self-extracting zip folder and so you can rename it to .zip instead of .exe and then drag the files out. But if there are many files in the zip-exe then you also have to have some experience recognizing drivers; normally you are looking for a folder that includes .INF files. The INFormation files are instructions to the computer as to which driver(s) to install.

When everything is great and the W7 installer has everything it needs, then a W7 install is easy, but unfortunately when you have newer hardware those drivers didn't exist when the W7 Installer was created. It can take a lot of trial and error to find the right driver the installer is looking for. The most common drivers needed are SSD, RAID, and USB 3. But it also takes some experience with drivers and experience with the actual hardware is also helpful to be able to know which drivers and then how expand them and pick out the important bits to copy to the flash drive.

I think you best chance is to try and contact Corsair support for your SSD and see if they can help with the install.
Thanks for the answer!!!
You tell me that i should download those:
And then i should put it in my USB??

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think the most likely driver you need is for your Corsair SSD and I couldn't see a place to download any. If that isn't the driver needed then it MAY be one of those others I suggested.

Reaction score
I think the most likely driver you need is for your Corsair SSD and I couldn't see a place to download any. If that isn't the driver needed then it MAY be one of those others I suggested.
I downloaded these drivers, then I put them in my USB and nothing
I can't find them in the USB I press browse but I can't find anything

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That is the link I provided to Corsair but there is no SSD driver there, just some utility you would use.

As for Skype I never used it so when they said it had to be upgraded I said forget it and simply uninstalled it. My niece has ooVoo on here, which is similar. I suppose I would be willing but I honestly think it would be of no value because I think what you really need are instructions and a driver from Corsair. Also I am 5 hours behind you on this side of "the pond".

Ask a Question