SOLVED Microsoft Security Essentials + Windows 7's & IE8's Security Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I must confess I was a little confused here and there, as to what she was actually using and where. I had a second look and was convinced she scanned her floppy for the "quick scan" ( which she gave up after ½ an hour? What was her final verdict, apart from dismissing MSE completely? My video cut just as she was aboiut to recommend?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think this might be a young boy rather than a girl.

I think he is basically saying the IE browser catches a lot of things (which is funny because I hate that and actually disable it) but MSE seems to miss a lot. I believe that MSE may not embed in the browsers and therefore does not do active webpage scanning - it would have been nice to see at least one error caught to disprove this.

I question the Norton matches because it is quite possible they were strictly heuristic matches. Norton prefers the better safe than sorry method of deleting anything that might resemble a virus.

What's most important is .... don't surf where that kid surfs; he is a glutton for punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question