Microsoft office

Reaction score
Hi I bought an Acer Aspire touch screen nearly 2 years ago now and it has decided to tell me that I have to renew my subscription for Microsoft office, I am pretty peeved as I wasn't told I would have to renew it after a certain amount of time and would have just bought the disc itself if I knew otherwise. Is this right that I need to pay again for something i have already paid for.
Cheers

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First, is this Microsoft Office or Microsoft Office 360 or 365? Because if it is Office 360/365 then, yes, it is subscription based.

Many PCs come with a 90-day or 6-month free trial of Microsoft Office, so I am amazed it lasted 2 years. If you specifically paid for Microsoft Office to be included then I would contact ACER otherwise it was likely a free trial and has run out so your choice is to buy a copy or consider a freeware alternative such as LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice.

I don't know if LibreOffice is the direction of Open Office or if they will both be continued but you can check them both out from our Freeware DB (See the Office Section over half way down the page).

Reaction score
Hi. I have a question about Microsoft Office 2013, too. I have Office 365 on subscription basis, I've used it for about three months and generally I am rather satisfied. BUT, every time when I run my computer, a message appears saying that my Office software has been downloaded for 9 %, that I can use it, but I must wait until it downloads completely. But I see that this downloading does not move, nothing is going on. What shall I do in this situation? May be I need to delete the program and download and install again? I am really a bit confused.

Reaction score
Thank you! I will try and then I'll inform you about my results.

Reaction score
I suggest everyone ditch MS and get a free copy of Open Office 4.01. I use Excel extensively and after upgrading to Win7, my copy of Office 2000 was not compatible. Apache Open Office 4 simply calls it "Spreadsheet" and is very similar to Excel. There are minor differences but they are easily learned.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Ask a Question