memory ???

Reaction score
Hi i have been having lots of big issues with my memory i keep on getting bsod all the time i have now put it down to my memory as my memory is still under the shop warranty am going to get it changed .

So my question is what memory would you put in ?? at the moment i have got 2 stick 4 gig pc3 10666 OCR gold series.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I had Kingston RAM put in when this one was built last year. It has a lifetime guarantee.:)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Crucial is also a good RAM supplier, they have a tool to scan your system with to determine your options, and have a lifetime guarantee. 1-800-4MEMORY offers RAM with a lifetime guarantee, too. But it would be best to go with Kingston or Crucial first. 1-800-4MEMORY sells refurbished sticks, they will even buy your old ones from you. New is better than refurbished, that has been my personal experience.

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Crucial is also a good RAM supplier, they have a tool to scan your system with to determine your options, and have a lifetime guarantee. 1-800-4MEMORY offers RAM with a lifetime guarantee, too. But it would be best to go with Kingston or Crucial first. 1-800-4MEMORY sells refurbished sticks, they will even buy your old ones from you. New is better than refurbished, that has been my personal experience.
Viking used to have a on-line memory scanner .... not sure if they still do ?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've never heard of them. I had dealt with Crucial before with positive results, that's why I chose them. Also, they ship your RAM in an anti-static package for better protection. 1-800-4MEMORY ships your chips in small plain plastic bags, inside of a plain yellow envelope with a small bubble layer. Crucial's packaging is solid, each stick in a solid enclosure. I placed my old RAM sticks in there, I'm planning to sell them on eBay, they're only three months old, so they are worth something.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes have used Crucial and i remember each RAM module is in a anti-static bag in a small oblong box that holds each module separate, also never had a problem with ordering or receiving from Crucial :top:.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Most RAM is shipped in anti-static packages. Some come in blister packs.

If it's a name brand RAM, there usually no issues. Whether its Crucial, Corsair, PNY, Geil, G.Skill, Kingston, Mushkin, Patriot or OCZ.

Did you run MemTest 86? It's a decent little memory testing application and gives accurate results too.

Ask a Question