maybe removing overclock and find cause for dxgmms1.sys and alot of other BSOD

Reaction score
hello, i was looking around on your forum and saw how helpful you where, so i went ahead and made an account, and im hoping you could help me too.

my personal computer geek "and good friend" recently passed away and I have been left alone with my PC which he built for me. you can find the specs in my profile I gathered what info i could find. think it should be ok.

I currently have many problems, the most annoying would be BSOD, with a few different error messages. just a few minutes ago I got this one "Dxgmms1.sys while playing a game of HoN. this game crashes frequently and its a real pain in the.. other games run just fine even if more resource hungry. for example BF3. sure it do crash but very rarely.

I attached a few files i hope u will find useful, followed the sticky.

My system is currently Overclocked and I use MSI afterburner for the gpu, CPU is at 3.8ghz and I think he might have changed a few settings on the RAM also. and maybe tweaked the "bear with me here" some thing that you connect the PGU's with some sort of bridge I think. so that SLI would work faster. anyhow he changed alot of numbers here and there in bios. and for starters it worked out like a charm. but now I got all these problmes.

I dont know if I have been repeating my self, but here is the TL:DR version

got a sweet PC, dont really know how to take care of it. im good at following instructions so if you find any errors from the files i attached i hope you can give me some sort of cure that i can execute :)

cheers and thanks if only for reading my post.

Attachments

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi Christian and Welcome to The Forum.

As a Priority:

Blue screens and overclocking do not go together! You need to re-set defaults in your bios (You need to do this to update bios anyway).

Your bios has had a few up dates. ASuSTek P6 Deluxe v2

Then make sure that XMP is enabled for your ram in the bios.

RTCore64.sys Wed May 25 07:39:12 2005 RivaTuner or MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision. Has known issues with Windows 7. Uninstall

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 21:55:14 2009 The sptd.sys driver is notorious for causing BSOD's with Windows 7. It's a driver used and installed along with Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120 which you'll also have to uninstall.
Then use the correct (32bit or 64bit) download from Duplex Secure - Downloads to uninstall the SPTD.SYS driver.
Make sure to select the uninstall button! DO NOT SELECT INSTALL!!

Make sure your system is fully updated including SP1.

Let us know how it goes. If you get further problems with blue screens, attach your new dump files and details and we'll move on from there.

HTH.

Reaction score
thanks for responding will try updating my BIOS this weekend, dont have time atm. however im wondering how will i control/monitor my fan speed and temperature on the cards when i dont have MSI installed? can u recommend any program?

Ask a Question