SOLVED Manuals - MS wireless keyb 3000 v2.0 needed

Reaction score
The title says it, eh? Everywhere I have looked I have run into dead ends. The keyboard works fine. But no manual anywhere. I got the keyboard as part of a wireless set "Wireless Desktop 3000". Har! No help. I want some detail on this thing. I would really appreciate anyone giving me an insight.

Reaction score
The manual's basically non-existant. I just recieved a Wireless Desktop 2000 yesterday. No manual in the box. Looked on Microsoft's Hardware site, before ordering and the manual there is pretty much plain-jane. All it basically lists everything, except about the features of the keyboard or mouse. I'll try uploading a copy of what I found. Files too big to upload. Just look on Microsoft's Hardware website. Though, to be honest. it's not worth the time.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I downloaded that product guide and it's worthless; not even a photo of the keyboard itself. Just like 15 different languages of how to discard the old batteries safely.

But according to a selling ad it should have come with a CD-ROM. Wasn't there any info on there or a help file included in the software you install?

Reaction score
The manual I was able to download from Microsoft for my Wireless Desktop 2000 basically looks like a generic manual that they provide for all devices. It only really talks about batteries,etc.Nothing what-so-ever is listed about any features the device has.It truly isn't worth reading.Not to mention 3/4's of it is in Chinese.

Reaction score
puters, manuals, cyberage

Who was it wrote, "My computer beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

I am pleased enough with my wireless keyboard, but there are some glyphs on there that are not exactly pellucid ... after all I'm effing 69 years old and can milk a cow and read the stone signs at the crossroads of Mayan highways. It WOULD be nice, though, to know exactly, without an hour of trial and error, what the keyboard is capable of. Jeez, I'll have to lend it to my grandson and watch over his shoulder.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Reaction score
Actually the different keys on the keyboard are pretty much self-explanatory.1-5 keys on the top open up the programs in Windows 7's taskbar. 1 is the first item on your taskbar, 2 is the 2nd item, etc. The building key is the home key. If you click it, it opens up your home page in your default web browser.. The key next to where it says Microsoft opens up the calculator.. The star key to the right of the 5 key at top of the keyboard. let's you change what those 1 - 5 keys do. .The - & + keys inside the magnifying glass are both zoom keys. The plus one (zooms in) & minus one (zooms out). The keys to the right of those are for Windows Media Player. Considering yours is an updated version from my Wireless Desktop 2000 everything should pretty much be the same. All the keys have laabeling on them. The envelope key is email. The Speaker- keys lowers the volume. The speaker+ key raises the volume. The top keys are all icons. Your mouse also has a way to lock it .If you're walking away from your computer and don't want anyone to open or close programs, etc. theres a little lever above where the battery goes in the mouse. It's above the battery to the left. Slide that left and it locks the mouse. Slide it right and it unlocks the mouse.

Reaction score
Thanks a million, brkkab123. That's what I was looking for. Simple things, but I think it would be thoughtful for MS to include a page with that stuff on it. Could be pulp paper.

Let's see if I can figure out how to "thank".

Reaction score
Your welcome Ag Tip. Yeah, alot of the companies don't include user manuals anymore. However, most at least have a downloadable version. The one I downloaded, I'm pretty sure is the same one they use for all their devices and quite frankly, it's a waste of time downloading it. For starters, 3/4 of it is in Chinese and what is in english, doesn't really explain anything that any of us need to know about the item.

Ask a Question