Low System Rating Score (Windows Experience Index)

Reaction score
Hi i am new to this site so are say sorry now ! i have just got my new PC together all going OK i have windows 7 pro with phenom II x4 965 my motherboard is foxconn a74ml-k but my index score on my CPU is ony 3.7 when it should be 6 ish any thoughts on this ? if someone here does have a phenom II x4 965 chip i would love to know your score just out of interest.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi gs1522 & welcome to Windows 7 Forums

AMD phenom II and you got 3.7 i would have thought you would have got a better rate but there are a couple of members here and quite a few people i know that have good and up to high end hardware who have a lower rating then they expected, maybe you would like to run some benchmarks of your own This is a good place to start

Reaction score
Thank you both for getting back to me i am new ish to all this i did run CPU pro it said that my CPU was running at MHz is this right as i know my CPU runs at 3.4Hz i know i could be reading this very wrong ?

with the bios update the only one i could find is 961f1p01 and mine right now is 961f1p02.not sure what to do next.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
You can see your CPU MHz in your BIOS (just don't alter any settings if your not familiar with BIOS)

Reaction score
my bios is saying 800mhz but just had a look on the net my cpu runs at 3.4ghz am i thinking something is not right or am i reading this wrong ?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Your looking at MHz and GHz 3.4 is right for your CPU , would you say your Computer is running well ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seems to be ok i thought it would run a bit quicker ! what is the 800mhz

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Is that quicker according to your WEI ? or as you use your system ?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My AMD Athlon X2 (64 bit) runs better than anything that I've ever had, but I get a 2.9 performance rating because my graphics (Aero) is slow. This is hard to believe on a computer that's less than two months old. But I'm not going to spend a ton of money to improve it. But I found out through the Crucial scanner that I can upgrade to 4GB RAM, from the 2GB that's installed. That may improve my score, if not, my performance will improve anyway. They offer a 4GB kit for an identical computer that will work with mine for $110. That's what means more to me, performance, not a score that's based not on an average, but the lowest one. If while we were in school, our grades were based as such, we would never graduate. So don't let that score discourage you. I pay no mind to it.

Reaction score
Sorry its me being thick i mean that my pc hangs a bit more then what i thought it would . just had a real good look at my bios in cmos utilitys my auto detect pci clock is disabled should it be on auto ? but yes it does say current clock speed is 800mhz.

Reaction score
Hey GS1522,

My AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core, slows from 2700 MHz to 1000 MHz and the voltage drops when the CPU demand is low for a few seconds. Then it returns to the higher frequency and voltage when higher performance is demanded. This may be the case with yours.

If your go to this AMD site for your CPU and click on drivers, you can load the AMD Power Monitor Version 1.3.1.0016 for your CPU. It will give you a small display on your desktop that you can open when needed.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/phenom-ii/Pages/phenom-ii.aspx

It will provide a real time display of your CPU load for each core and the Core Clock Frequency and Voltage.

Reaction score
My AMD Athlon X2 (64 bit) runs better than anything that I've ever had, but I get a 2.9 performance rating because my graphics (Aero) is slow. This is hard to believe on a computer that's less than two months old. ...
Your computer gets the lowest score from any category.

My similar CPU gets a low 3.4 too, but look at the category that has a low rating, My is scored low only in Graphics and Gaming Graphics.

Serious gamers do major number crunching for 3D rendering of graphics. They have extraordinary demands on their graphics cards. Heck, I'm running with the AMD 690G with ATI Radon X1250 graphics chip that came on my motherboard. No fan (noise) or anything and Win Aero looks fine to me.

A hot graphics card will likely make a significant improvement in your score, but if you don't have demanding graphics you won't see any real performance improvement.

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi gs1522

I don't know what power plan your on but if you can put it up to High Performance then have a look at your Clock Speed.

Reaction score
I just installed amd power meter on all cores it has 800mhz and frequency stays at 1600mhz thats the one at the top the voltage is 1.050 is this all normal . my power is on high .

Reaction score
what info are you after just there is so mush info to type i have just spotted that my core speed does not move much from 800mhz it goes down a bit but not up. on my lap top it stays around 800 to 900 mhz but under load it goes up to 1800 mhz as it is a dual core 1800mhz but mine does not it should go up to 3.4 ish what do you think.

Last edited:

Ask a Question