SOLVED Do Virus Scanners Slow Down Your System?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I cry B.S.! I've seen it affect performance. They keep mentioning the PC Mark tests are flawed so what heck good are the tests then?

I installed F-Secure (paid version but free from ISP) on a Virtual PC - XP mode and the start menu took about 15 seconds just to open up when you click the start orb and the menus were slow opening as well. 2 minutes of that and I uninstalled it and popped in MSE and no more menu lag. Neither of these AVs were tested in Toms test but I'm still extremely sceptical of the results - heck on the one it ran worse w/o AV!

Also they didn't even test MSE which really bites. Another thing they didn't test was how it affects the system as it updates behind the scenes when you are right in the middle of important things.

/me lines Nibs and Tom up by the wall and hands them a blindfold and last cig. Goodbye messengers!

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I don't need no stinking blindfold! However my last cigarette I request an English Oval please.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
My opinion on my AV: Wait, what, I have an AV?! Wow! It's so tiny and light that I didn't even notice it was there :lol:

Ask a Question