SOLVED lost some control panel feature access

Reaction score
Newly installed win7 home premium, ran thru all its updates over last 3 days. I seem to have lost ability to access both the folder options and task bar and start menu as well as autoplay. Everything else is functional. When I click on any of those 3, I see the cursor rotate for a second or 2, then nothing.

Guess I could play with going back to ealier time with sys restore, but hoping there is another fix.
Thx for the help.

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I did 2 different scans, both clear. Running in safe mode allows it to work properly, so I guess that points to the sys config?

I set the config for diagnostic start, and the autoplay now works, but not taskbar or folder options.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could be a Policy setting.
Are you logged in as Administrator?

Reaction score
yes, and I also tried a right click and some of the links allow another 'run as admin'option and some don't. doesn't help either way
I also looked at adm tools/event viewer and saw there are a bunch of errors listed as service control manager, but have no idea where to find that.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Open a command prompt as Administrator.
Type in:
Code:
gpupdate /force
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
too late. I ran out of time so went back 4x to sys restore until I finally got a version that works. Now to do all those frigging updates again....
thx for the help.

Shintaro

Reaction score
OK, could you mark the thread as solved, please.

Ask a Question