Lost 5.1 capability (also EAX)

Reaction score
Hello

I upgraded from XP PRO to WIN 7 64bit Home Ultimate. I have a Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Gamer soundcard. I have downloaded the most current WIN 7 drivers for 64bit including the only ones Creative had. In "sound" options of Win 7 I can select and test for 5.1 speakers just fine,but nothing works in 5.1 after selecting it. Not movies,games,any audio programs...nothing. I even tried to select it and reboot...nothing..just stereo. I also tried Creatives ALchemy program and that does nothing to help. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I have the same setup and problem. In addition, the mic volume is so low it is hard for other gamers to hear me. In XP no problem with same headset. Microsoft's lame adjustment for the Mic volume settings is worthless.

I've tried all the latest drivers to no avail. The pressure needs to be put on Creative to fix the problem and Microsoft to create a better Microphone volume control setting utility.

Reaction score
Update

I finally got ALChemy to work on Mass Effect 2 (although its not TRUE EAX). It sounds more like a sampling of the front channels sent to the rear speakers. To be fair its not a supported game for this program. I have had alot of problems in the past with Creative's Drivers, :( but not their products. Im considering a switch to Auzentech.:ciao:What bothers me most is that everyone had access to WIN 7 a long time ago,and to me it shows a lack of respect for Customers when you dont develop good drivers for a very popular OS.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Creative had issues with Vista drivers also. I never liked Creative's products.

It seems like the on-board sound chips are becoming just as sophisticated as the sound cards are these days.

Ask a Question