Library Problem

Reaction score
I have a problem that I would like to correct with the Pictures folder in my Library. There are three subfolders: My Pictures, Public and My Pictures (C: ). I would like to eliminate My Pictures (C: ) and put the contents in My Pictures, I see no need for two folders for my photos. Secondly, the photos in My Pictures (C: ) are organized differently that those in My Pictures. In My Pictures the photos are organized as I have organized them in Photoshop Elements. In My Pictures (C: ) the photos are organized by date. So, how can I reorganize the photos in My Pictures (C: ) so that they are organized as they are tagged in Photoshop and how can I move this folder into the My Pictures folder?
Bob S

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In any windows explorer listing simply click along the top on the column heading you want to be your sort order.

Right-click on "My Pictures (C: )" and choose properties. Under the General tab what does it say is the location? With that information it would be easier for me to describe how to move it under "My Pictures".

I'm not sure you are aware of this but even "My Pictures" is just a pointer. The actual location (unless you've changed system defaults) is C:\users\_your_UserID_\Pictures ... you can find out for sure by right-clicking on "My Pictures", choose Properties, and click the Location tab.

As for removing "My Pictures (C: )" from your list of libraries pointers, simply right-click and choose "remove location from library". Note: this only deletes the pointer, the files/folders are still on your machine.

Ask a Question