Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 in Windows 7?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get KIS 2009 working in Windows 7 without getting a BSOD (blue screen error) every so often?

:dontknow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Maddog :ciao:

That's good to hear that it can at least work, I think I'll try re-installing it and try again - it could be something else that's causing the BSOD.

Reaction score
Sort of.......

I've got Win 7 and the Kasperky beta runing on two rigs.
The desktop is based on a Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 (Intel P45 chipset) and the laptop is AMD/nVidia nForce 560 based.

The only time i see blue screens with the AV software is when there is a large amount of network traffic. The BSoD will apear almost instantly on the desktop rig but has only occured once on the laptop.

Reaction score

Unfortunately this is a known problem with several AV suites on Windows 7.

The BSOD occurs shortly after accessing other network devices etc for me, and some Googling a few days ago revealed we're definitely not the only ones.

From what I've read, it seems other like Norton 360 and F-Secure are also effected by this strangeness.

If you do find a resolution, please let me know :eek:!

Reaction score
There are beta releases of Win7 versions of Kaspersky and Norton 360.
AVG works straight out of the box!

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I was just going to post that, Geoffers. But, to counter your post, I'm providing a link to the official Microsoft page that gives more information.
So ha.

Reaction score
I was just going to post that, Geoffers. But, to counter your post, I'm providing a link to the official Microsoft page that gives more information.
So ha.
Thanks for that Betaman. That's where I got my info from!
Subsequently I went and downloaded Norton 360 for W7 beta.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Really? I was going to get that one but then I recalled all the bad things I've heard about Norton. So actually, how is it?

Reaction score
Security Suites

Hi, I'm a newbie here.

I've had Windows 7 running for a week now on a separate physical hard drive from my Vista installation. I've got Kaspersky running on Vista but on Windows 7 I've installed Avira Premium Security suite. After a small initial hiccup it is working beautifully.

I'm a bit fed up with Kaspersky (used it on Vista for over 2 years) The new version screws up my RemoteScan software and the tech team are not responding. I didn't dare risk it on Win 7.

Love Windows 7

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a bit fed up with Kaspersky (used it on Vista for over 2 years) The new version screws up my RemoteScan software and the tech team are not responding. I didn't dare risk it on Win 7.
Welcome to the site, veteran :)

I've always had good experiences with Kaspersky, but Avira is pretty good too, especially premium :) If I need to use a free AV scanner on a machine, I'll usually go for the Avira personal version (or sometimes AVG).

Reaction score
yo guys

wanted to try the new W7 antivirus from Kaspersky since it says its not only antivir but a full functional firewall solution but changed my mind becoz ive payid version of kasper kis 2009

well its work fine , no bsods and seem kasper is not affected my internet speed ( as usualy lots of peoples complaining about )

Reaction score
Just a note if you do install security software and get hit with BSODs and other strange phenomina .. do a roll back too a time prior to the installation of the offending software .
Very good the rollback feature leaves your machine minty fresh again ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have not once had a bsod with windows 7, as of yet; and it is running really fast, and with only 1gb of memory. I do have kaspersky, and like i say no BSOD's.

Reaction score
custom case ? cud u show us ?

there is only one trouble occured with kasper , they funking blocked my activation code !! wich is funking legal and legit

Reaction score
kaspersky not working driver problem

yea iam going just give them a ring i paid for my copy so it should on any o/s 2009

Reaction score
Psikea are you talking about my custom case, my camera is broken at the moment but i can show you my cad drawing if you wish!

Reaction score
This is the cad drawing of my custom pc case anybody else want to share their customisations or mods?

Attachments

Ask a Question