SOLVED Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 & magicJack help needed

Reaction score
I just recieved a magicJack that I purchased yesterday and have some issues with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 letting it work.After 3 1/2 hours of messing with trying to get it installed and working with KIS 2011 for so long I gave up. I uninstalled KIS 2011 with Kaspersky's Removal Tool, restarted my pc and installed Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0. MSE let me install magicJack and use it with magicJack's Vista/7 update. I'd like to use KIS 2011 though as I just purchased it in December and don't like wasting my money. Any help is appreciated with this issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks TrainableMan. I forgot to mark this one solved. I had to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 temporaril, replace it with M.S.E. 2.0 and go to magicJack's site to get the Vista/7 update. I then installed the update and got it working. Rebooted pc, uninstalled M.S.E. 2.0 and rebooted again. Set magicJack to run at startup and re-installed K.I.S. 2011. All's fine now except I need to get a faster dsl speed from AT&T now. My current speed is like 768 kbps. and Time Warner won't let me use them as the cable's in my roommates name. SOLVED.

Ask a Question