Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 in Windows 7?

Reaction score
well im interested in how ppls pc cases looks like

drawings arent so adectave as pix so u better fiox ya camera lol

took me long time to choose a case , thats y im wondering wor the others had to choose

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get KIS 2009 working in Windows 7 without getting a BSOD (blue screen error) every so often?

:dontknow:
it slowed me down to almost 2 minutes to the desktop, Kaspersky claims it is not compatible with 7, never got the BSOD but i did slow me down a lot so I dumped it I found AVG to work perfect no cpu hog and its so far so good

Reaction score
I've been running KAV technical preview for weeks since the W7 RC1 was released / 7100
Prior to that i ran W7 7000 with the KAV technical preview

But honestly, i want to install Symantec Corp again it's just so much less annoying =/
KAV has a false positive and it doesn't shut up about it, won't leave the damn file alone.
Keep getting pop up messages about it.
It's already been quarantined, which is the biggest annoyance.
I've just excluded the path it was in, hoping that stops the issue.

I had a similar issue with Nod32 except that wouldn't exclude period. Hoping KAV will exclude properly.

Reaction score
Not happening at all, for me

Hello, all,

I cannot get KAspersky Internet Security 2009 to work AT ALL on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64. A very short time into the install Windows informs me that "the driver is blocked due to an incompatibility". When the install does finish nearly all of the services in KAV 2009 are not working (the little red cross in the KAV control panel). I do an update, but this does not fix the problem.

On the original message that Windows throws up you can check for a solution to the problem, but this just re-directs you to the preview of something called Workstation v6 for Windows 7, so I am figuring that this is a different product to Internet Security 2009.

Any clues?

Gray

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Gray - there is Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 out now, and it should work with your existing key. It works very well under Windows 7 (I'm even using it now) - so I'd go to the Kaspersky site and download that :)

Assuming you want the English version, the latest version to download via FTP is here:

ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/products/english/homeuser/kis2010/

Reaction score
Well well well ...

Well I did not know that! I thought that once you bought a Kaspersky key for one product it stayed with that product.

I'll download 2010 now ... I'll report back if I continue to have problems.

Many thanks for the excellent feedback

Reaction score
Kapersky 2009 & Windows 7

I had exactly the same problem.
I installed and Uninstalled Kapersky and Windows a number of times until I found the answer

Just upload the new version of kapersky 2010 and use the same activation code as for 2009 snd hey presto you have a working and compatible version.

Gel

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get KIS 2009 working in Windows 7 without getting a BSOD (blue screen error) every so often?

:dontknow:
I've also instaled KIS 2009 on my laptop running windows 7, and is always asking to turn on KIS. when I do that e appears a messege saying that it's not compatible.
I think that I have to get a KIS 2010.

Reaction score
Why can't I reinstall my Kaspersky "Anti-Virus & Maximum Spyware Protection 2009" on my new Windows 7?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi aimee ... Welcome to Windows 7 Forums :)

If your trying to install KIS 2009 you will find you need KIS 2010 (see page 3 this thread (Ians Post).

Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. I installed legitimate Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (which I had been using with XP for over 6 months).

I am getting an error on starting up as "DRIVER BLOCKED DUE TO INCOMPATIBILITY (KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY)".

Also KIS 2009 doesn't work properly. Its firewall doesn't work, so does anti-malware.

I have tried re-installing KIS 2009, but the issue reoccurred.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. I installed legitimate Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (which I had been using with XP for over 6 months).

I am getting an error on starting up as "DRIVER BLOCKED DUE TO INCOMPATIBILITY (KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY)".

Also KIS 2009 doesn't work properly. Its firewall doesn't work, so does anti-malware.

I have tried re-installing KIS 2009, but the issue reoccurred.

Any help would be appreciated.
You can download KIS 2010 and perform a free upgrade, that works perfectly with W7 :)

Reaction score
lan is absolutely rite but 1 more condition Only versions 9.0.0.736 (Critical Fix 2) and higher are compatible with Windows 7 so d/w it tht ll work perfectly with it if u use any previous version of kis 2010 it is partial compatible & give few problem 1 of it is like while scanning d whole pc.
so d/w dis version here is d link
http://www.kaspersky.com/kis_latest_versions?downlink=206911255

Reaction score
:eek: can we use the KIS 2009 activation code on KIS 2010 / KIS 2010 9.0.0.736?:confused::confused:

im using KIS 2009 8.0.0.506,can i use my code for the KIS 2010?,

Last edited:
Reaction score
yup buddy u can can use it no problem @ all i had purchased KIS 2009 but now im using KIS 2010 still no prob. more over it allowed

Reaction score
From few days my pc using Windows 7 RTM was working like hell it was slown down considerably the CPU & RAM usage without any process going was showing 100% & 50% respectively.
2day i was really frustrated & so i decided 2 check what was d problem i checked all d process, startup programs & every damn thing that i think wud slow down my pc but in vain nothing turn out 2 b working. Till that time i did not realize tht it must b my KIS who is doing dis stuff i doubted d new Tuneup Utilities 2010 as it start automatically wen windows start so i removed it but still no change & den i thought it must b my KIS who is doing dis so i uninstalled it & den wen i restart d pc it was working like XP damn fast d boot time was considerably fallen d CPU & RAM usage was just normal.
I was using d lastest KIS version which is supported by windows 7 & it urn out 2 b nightmare 4 me i was thinking of reinstalling vista

Reaction score
KIS 2010 (736) causes blue screen on Windows 7

mom got new Acer Aspire for Christmas running Windows 7 (6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3). Installed KIS 2010 w/ critical fix 736. This is my 12th hour trying to resolve compatibility issue. installed and runs fine until shutdown and restart, then blue screen. trouble shooting revealed "incompatible application". only resolution is start in safe mode and uninstall KIS. no response from tech support. can anyone help?

Reaction score
Kathy try downloading a package for version 9.0.0.736. or newer

Installation of an older version will have compatability issues, which the critical update would try and fix.

It's best off if you start an installation with a compatible version, so that all components are installed and working correctly. Newer install = compatable with W7 = smoother instal process = less risk of anything going wrong...

Ask a Question