Is Word 2000 compatible with Win7


E

Emrys Davies

Some persons on this site have said that they use Word 2000 with Win7,
but what I would like to know is whether anyone has downloaded Word 2000
onto a PC which already has Win7 installed without there being any
hassle during the download or subsequently.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alan Ralph

Some persons on this site have said that they use Word 2000 with Win7,
but what I would like to know is whether anyone has downloaded Word 2000
onto a PC which already has Win7 installed without there being any
hassle during the download or subsequently.
I've installed Office 2000 Premium (including Word 200) onto my PC
running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. No problems thus far, and it also
integrated with Acrobat 8 Professional, installing the extra menu and
buttons for creating PDFs from within Word.

As an aside, I only installed Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I've not tried
installing FrontPage or PhotoDraw (remember that?), as they'd be
superfluous to my needs (got Adobe CS3 Web Premium, so I've covered in
those departments).

Alan
 
T

Trev

Emrys Davies said:
I have got Disc 1 Microsoft Works Suite 2000 setup, which includes
Microsoft Word 2000. What do you think of my chances with that? Anyday
now I will order a new desktop and I could have Word 7000 installed at a
reduced price, but I rarely use Word.
I have "003 But If you have a problem installing Then right click the setup
exe and select Properties > compatibility tab and set to Xp or vista what
ever you know it works with.
 
E

Emrys Davies

Alan Ralph said:
I've installed Office 2000 Premium (including Word 200) onto my PC
running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. No problems thus far, and it also
integrated with Acrobat 8 Professional, installing the extra menu and
buttons for creating PDFs from within Word.

As an aside, I only installed Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I've not tried
installing FrontPage or PhotoDraw (remember that?), as they'd be
superfluous to my needs (got Adobe CS3 Web Premium, so I've covered in
those departments).

Alan
I have got Disc 1 Microsoft Works Suite 2000 setup, which includes
Microsoft Word 2000. What do you think of my chances with that? Anyday
now I will order a new desktop and I could have Word 7000 installed at a
reduced price, but I rarely use Word.
 
L

Lord Vetinari

Emrys Davies said:
I have got Disc 1 Microsoft Works Suite 2000 setup, which includes
Microsoft Word 2000. What do you think of my chances with that? Anyday
now I will order a new desktop and I could have Word 7000 installed at a
reduced price, but I rarely use Word.
Word 7000? Is this a secret new version, or did you mean Word 2007?

Heh...I use Office 2007, mostly because I need the compatibility with what I
use at work. Otherwise, I'd just use OpenOffice.
 
Z

Zootal

Some persons on this site have said that they use Word 2000 with Win7,
but what I would like to know is whether anyone has downloaded Word 2000
onto a PC which already has Win7 installed without there being any
hassle during the download or subsequently.
What do you mean by "download"? I installed Office 2000 on a PC that
already had Win7 on it. The installation went just fine, and Word 2000
works just fine. Been using it for a couple of months now.
 
Ad

Advertisements

E

Emrys Davies

Zootal said:
What do you mean by "download"? I installed Office 2000 on a PC that
already had Win7 on it. The installation went just fine, and Word 2000
works just fine. Been using it for a couple of months now.
Thanks everyone. I have got my answer loud and clear and I will install
it with confidence.
 
E

Emrys Davies

Lord Vetinari said:
Word 7000? Is this a secret new version, or did you mean Word 2007?

Heh...I use Office 2007, mostly because I need the compatibility with what I
use at work. Otherwise, I'd just use OpenOffice.
Yes, silly me, I should have said Word 2007. Thanks.
 
D

Dick Mahar

Emrys Davies said:
Thanks everyone. I have got my answer loud and clear and I will install
it with confidence.

I installed Office 2000 from a CD. That included Outlook Express, which
was regurgitated by my 64 bit Win 7. I uninstalled Office completely, and
reinstalled only Word and Excel, and without outlook Express, all is well.
 
A

Alexander Arnakis

Some persons on this site have said that they use Word 2000 with Win7,
but what I would like to know is whether anyone has downloaded Word 2000
onto a PC which already has Win7 installed without there being any
hassle during the download or subsequently.
I installed the Greek edition of Word 2000 on a computer running
Windows 7. At first, some of the dialogue boxes in Word 2000 were
coming out as gibberish. That was solved by specifying, in Windows,
Greek as the "language to use for non-Unicode applications." This
didn't affect the normal appearance of English in other applications.

Word 2000 is generally Unicode-compatible, but not 100% (certain
dialogue boxes still use code page characters).

I also have Word 2007 on this same computer. There was a minor
annoyance, that when opening one version after having used the other,
it would stop and reconfigure itself. There's a simple Registry hack
that tells Word 2007 not to re-register itself, and that solved the
problem.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
May 2, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Some persons on this site have said that they use Word 2000 with Win7,
but what I would like to know is whether anyone has downloaded Word 2000
onto a PC which already has Win7 installed without there being any
hassle during the download or subsequently.
I installed Word 2000 and sometimes after using Word 2007 I get an error message, but it is a false positive – Word 2000 still works on the whole. An exception is the formatted Autocorrects do not work and can't be deleted without causing Word 2000 to crash.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top