Is Windows 7 compatible with HP DV4 laptops?

Reaction score
WillI be able to install windows 7 32 bit on HP DV4 and DV3 laptops? For instance HP DV4 1411TU or HP DV4 1415TU? The dealer says the vista that comes on these machines can't be changed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a look at the Specs of the DV4 1411TU (just as an example) and that looks more than powerful enough to run Windows 7. The minimum requirements of W7 and Vista are almost the same, so if it can run Vista it should be able to run Windows 7.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work - the only problem I can forsee is finding some of the drivers.

Reaction score
When someone says it can't be done. What happens next? Someone proves them wrong.

The dealer was probably giving you a short answer for I don't want to explain how or do it for you.

The only difference I saw in the operating systems for myself was Windows 7 requires a little bit more video power. I was running Windows Vista fine but with Windows 7, I needed better video. This was on a Celeron single core 3.2GHz processor.

Ask a Question