Is Windows 7 better than Vista?

Reaction score
do any of you have windows 7 is it better than vista. kicken thank you

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi kicken & welcome to W7 Forums

Yes I'm running Windows 7 Pro build 7600 64bit and its a lot better then Vista or XP, what are you running at the moment ?

Reaction score
Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit) user here!
It's certainly is a lot better than Vista. :shakehands:

Reaction score
Hi kicken - Welcome to w7forums

I consider Windows XP history.
Once I started using Windows 7, vista lost appeal to me.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I consider Windows XP history
How very true :D, i have not used XP for months now for my own computing and dont intend to.

Reaction score
Hi Kicken,

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium OEM (Got it nice and cheap $110! in new case from Umart with some h/w). Vista is now crap as far as I am concerned; I stopped using XP over 3 years ago and started playing with dual boot Linux/ Vista Home... I'm a gamer so Linux didn't last long as a day to day OS.

I have had absolutely no issues with Windows 7 right from the beta stages as an OS. All games work and the user interface is a million times better than stock standard XP and Vista. I guess you can make any OS look good with 3rd party apps but 7 does it from the box and it works flawlessly. All the hardware I have or have come across has drivers available, even my old TV tuner card that would work with Vista works with 7… go figure, already updated my tuner card!

Best OS ever! (In my opinion) MS got it right for a change… don’t expect it to happen again for awhile! lol

Btw, I build/ upgrade PC's as a second job from home and 7 is all I put on and all I recommend now.

Reaction score
Hi kicken & welcome to W7 Forums

Yes I'm running Windows 7 Pro build 7600 64bit and its a lot better then Vista or XP, what are you running at the moment ?
Hi Veedaz im running vista an i hate it.do pepole trade software. i have mastercam i would like to trade.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
kicken wrote
i have mastercam i would like to trade.
I think your best bet is put it on e-bay then when you sell put the money toward your own copy of Windows 7 :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That would be your best bet, I agree. That is, if someone will buy it. I skipped Vista, so I know very little about it, except that all of my friends who had Vista complained and most downgraded (some illegally) to XP Pro. That OS has been a strong seller on eBay for years now. I just checked today and people are still giving $230 for Pentium 3 laptops with 20GB hard drives with Win 2K Pro and $280 for Pentium 4 laptops with 40GB drives with XP Pro SP3. Veedaz, can you believe that? For just $100 more, you could have a nice Compaq with 4GB RAM, 320GB drive and much more. These above mentioned laptops only had 256MB RAM. With the deals today, why are the people paying that much cash for 6 to 7 year old laptops? But kicken, I hope you can sell your OS. The problem is that people are willing to give more cash for XP than Vista. Best of luck to you, you will enjoy Windows 7 once you get it.

Reaction score
Is Windows 7 better than Vista

yes windows 7 is better then vista because vista has slow speed

thanks

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, alieen! You're right, Windows 7 is better than Vista, and faster as well. I never personally owned a Vista system, but I've used some of my friends systems. That's one reason I never bought one of them. I don't need a computer that takes 3 to 5 minutes to boot, mabye all of them are not like that, but the few I used were. Merry Christmas to you!

Ask a Question