Is there room for windows 8 on a windows 7OS?

Reaction score
I have windows 7 ultimate with xp in virtual. Will it be possible to put windows 8 beta in the virtual machine instead of xp?

Also: In the older xp machines the aero glass wouldn't work according to microsoft but would run on the machine. How would windows 8 work on that older xp machine as a guess?

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
How big's the Virtual?? With Developer it was said that 20gb would be ample as it wasn't a system to build on, just to play with. Now, I've set aside 50gb for the "beta" at the end of the month, initially stuff like PS etc. will not be loaded. I think that's more than ample. Especially as they say for 7 (with all your personal stuff out the way) is OK with 60gb..... And this is a tighter ship. Soon find out!!

Reaction score
So in your opinion windows 8 could be set up to work within the windows 7 operating system via the virtual machine now xp feb 29th windows 8 beta?

Or is there code written in such a way that you wouldn't be able to use an iso to install in the virtual machine.?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
It is too early to definitively say one way or another, but the likely scenario is that you will be able to install it as a virtual machine.

As for machines that were put together to run XP... If you strip down all the extra functionality and eye candy, maybe 8 will run on them. Good luck finding drivers for such machines, though. Then again, users of archaic technology seem to be gluttons for headaches derived from trying to run a modern OS on a junkyard-ready machine...

Ask a Question