Is a System mechanic software required to optimize registry in windows 7?

Reaction score
sir,
Is iolo system mechanic s/w a better choice to be there to optimize registry,defragment hard disk drives...
is iolo a better s/w for win 7?
thank you...

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!
It's better to stay away from registry cleaners. They'll just make it worse.

For the defrag, Deffragler is great. It's a free software from Piriform Ltd.

www.piriform.com

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no!! Don't use System Mechanic at all! Period! Nuff said!

In my opinion, the absolute best disk defragmenter software out there is PerfectDisk.

Some people use others like O&O, Defraggler, etc. I have been using PerfectDisk for over 6 years and it's never failed me at all.

Use CCleaner for quick cleaning and registry fixes. It's safe to use and free.

Reaction score
Don't use Iolo System Mechanic

System Mechanic is known for deleting your System Restore Points. Search for Free Registry Defrag on Bing or Google. You could also use TuneUp Utilities 2010, which work's fine on both x86 & x64 Windows XP/Vista/7. For a disk defragmenter go for Diskeeper 2010 which unlike Perfect Disk automatically defragments your hard drive whenever needed. Perfect Disk you have to schedule it and it only defragremts automatically that one scheduled time weekly. Diskeeper automatically defragmnets your hard drive whenever it needs it. That's a definite plus performance wise. Diskeeper is also alot faster than Perfect Disk.
sir,
Is iolo system mechanic s/w a better choice to be there to optimize registry,defragment hard disk drives...
is iolo a better s/w for win 7?
thank you...

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
For a disk defragmenter go for Diskeeper 2010 which unlike Perfect Disk automatically defragments your hard drive whenever needed. Perfect Disk you have to schedule it and it only defragremts automatically that one scheduled time weekly. Diskeeper automatically defragmnets your hard drive whenever it needs it. That's a definite plus performance wise. Diskeeper is also alot faster than Perfect Disk.
Apparently you haven't used PerfectDisk in quite some time! It automatically defrags when needed; it's called Stealth Patrol.

You can schedule it if you want, that's on option one can choose if they want.

PerfectDisk 11 is a lot faster than even PerfectDisk 10 was.

Diskeeper software company is also owned by Scientologists!

Reaction score
Tried it 2 weeks ago

I tried it 2 weeks ago. I find that Diskeeper 2010 Professional is better than Perfect Disk.
Apparently you haven't used PerfectDisk in quite some time! It automatically defrags when needed; it's called Stealth Patrol.

You can schedule it if you want, that's on option one can choose if they want.

PerfectDisk 11 is a lot faster than even PerfectDisk 10 was.

Diskeeper software company is also owned by Scientologists!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Well, that's why there's so many defrag programs on the market then right?

One man's sirloin is another man's hamburger!

Reaction score
IMHO you only need to defrag no more then once a fortnight unless your constantly adding/deleting files or moving them around a lot.
I tried one auto- defrag pgm and it slowed everything down, better to just schedule a defrag overnight when your not using the machine.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
My setup uses Stealth Patrol settings, very fast and only runs may once every 8-11 days or so.

Takes about 1-2 minutes. Runs in the background and don't even notice it's working.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I like and use MyDefrag. I can select multiple hard drives and they all defrag one after the other.

Ask a Question