SOLVED iphone not being seen.

Reaction score
I'll have to ask around on Apple forums as well in case it's not specifically a Windows 7 problem. In fact it may not be as I cannot duplicate the fault on anonther computer also running Win7.

Problem:
When I plug in my iphone the system lists it as a device and I can access it but itunes fails to see it. itunes itself is running normally.

Edit. On the same physical machine ( I dual boot) I'm also having the same issue with XP so I'm begining to think it's some MoBo issue but why then do the systems see the iphone?

Other things like thumb drives work ok on the USB ports.

Under system > device drivers there are not any issues being flagged and it says all drivers are up to date.

Reaction score
You might want to update your itunes software if it is not up to date. That might work for you. Also, if your Phone Service is Verizon, I hear there are some issues that the phones have, and you might want to get in touch with them. Hope this helps.
-Charlie

Reaction score
We don't have Verizon over here. Itunes was/is up to date. That post of mine is an old one now but thanks for replying. I deleted itunes completley and re-installed and that fixed it for a while.
It's re-occured so maybe something gets deleted from time to time or corrupted in the itunes program files.. Dunno. now with latest ios on the phone itself I can update directly via the phone and leave itunes out of the equation all together.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Sounds a little different but I was getting a message last night saying that the Apple mobile service blah blah blah wasn't running and of course it was running according to the task manager.

A reboot fixed it.

Ask a Question