iPhone 5 Release Date

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it looks like the iPhone 5 release date isn't far away at all now, if rumors are to be believed (7th Oct?). Foxconn are apparently churning out 150,000 of these yet to be announced phones every day... incredible.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/08/iphone_manufacturing_stats/

Is anyone here considering getting one? I'm in need of a new phone sometime soon, so I'm going to see what it's like before making the plunge - I'm certainly not going to be camping outside the stores though ;).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I've been looking at that one - it sounds like it's going to be coming out at around the same time (perhaps end of Oct?) and I like previous Samsung Andriod phones...

Not long to wait so that they can be compared :).

Reaction score
Well I have an iphone 3GS. It was my first 'smartphone' and I've been pretty happy with it. Never felt the urge to move to an iphone4.
I was tempted by the Samsung Galaxy S2 with it's bigger screen as really a larger screen is the only reason I'd bother to upgrade given that ios5 will run on the 3GS phone.
I sat down and read lots of stuff about Android phones and the feeling I got (rightly or wrongly) was that you need to do a fair bit of tweaking to get an Android phone to work really well.
I don't have the inclination for that and as I never felt the need to jailbreak my iphone then I'll probably stay with the Apple device as I have a carefully selected set of apps and things set up as I like.
However if the iphone 5 does not come with a larger screen then I wont bother to upgrade at all.

Reaction score
I sat down and read lots of stuff about Android phones and the feeling I got (rightly or wrongly) was that you need to do a fair bit of tweaking to get an Android phone to work really well.
Not remotely needed, but possible at your discretion. The same reason why I use Windows.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not remotely needed, but possible at your discretion. The same reason why I use Windows.

Ok, 'cos the impression I got was you needed a few tweaks to control battery usage, stopping certain uneeded functions, getting others you wanted. Stuff like that.
Having said that I had a bit of a play with a workmates Galaxy S which was just out of the box set up and it seemed to be pretty good.

Reaction score
Well the new iphone is a 4S and does not offer enough to make me want to upgrade yet. So i'll just sit back another 12 months and see what technology brings then.

Ask a Question