iPhone 4... Restore from backup or set up as new?

Reaction score
Hey all!

I got my iPhone 4 about a week ago. When I got it, I selected in iTunes Restore from Backup as what the guy at the Apple store told me to (and I was going to do it even without him saying, but I just asked him to make sure I was gonna do it right). Should I have setted it up as a new phone? BTW, my previous "device" was an iPod Touch, not an iPhone (I've never had one). So, I should be good, right?

Reaction score
When I had to do a full restore on my phone after it irretriveably locked up, I set it up as a new phone. However it is the only 'i' device I have.

Reaction score
Should not really matter. If it's a new phone with nothing on it and your itunes (which I'm assuming your useing) has only had an ipod on it then you should set up your phone as new.
To be safe you can backup any data/music/apps currently residing in your itunes files onto CD/DVD.

Reaction score
iPad, iPod, iPhone, iTunes and all the other i__'s is all Greek to me.

I'm glad someone knows how to help with this question. :)

Reaction score
@mychael In my iTunes before I got the iPhone, i had all my songs and apps syced from my iPod.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
You need to register your new phone through i-tunes. It's the only way because Apple is screwed up. If you don't then you won't receive firmware and software updates.

Reaction score
Ok if you load itunes then go files>library> back up to disk that will allow you to burn a copy of everything on itues to a disk for backup.
Then get your new iphone installed and setup and if by chance you've deleted your files/folders from itunes you can restore them from the disks you made.
This is itunes backup, nothing to do with your operating system.

Ask a Question