SOLVED IOBit Software

Reaction score
Recently, IOBit released a new software title, Driver Booster. I'm wondering whether anyone has had a chance to try this software, and if so, what your thoughts are on it.

Regards,
BearPup

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have never used this particular driver updater but I tend to be leery of all driver update programs based on past experience; even windows updates "recommended" driver updates are sometimes wrong. Manufacturers update drivers all the time and a program like this is only as accurate as its' last driver database update.

If the wrong driver is installed, your system may not boot properly. For that reason the best method of updating your drivers is to visit the manufacturer's websites of your various components (motherboard, video card, Network Interface Card (NIC), Printer, etc) and get the proper drivers directly from them.

That being said, if you do use a driver update program then use it as safely as possible:
1. create a restore point
2. install one and only one driver
3. reboot the computer and make sure everything still works; if there is a problem then reboot into safe mode and restore from that last restore point and don't install that "problem" driver again
4. repeat steps 1 through 3 for each different driver.

Reaction score
TrainableMan: Thank you for your response. I generally agree with all of your comments. The only reason I posted the question is because I use and trust IOBit's Uninstaller program, and thought Driver Booster might be worth a look see at.

And while all my drivers work, I'm sure at least some of them must be out of date by now (my machine is 3 years old). Hence the desire to do an all-in-one update.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I don't think any of the legitimate driver update programs, including windows update, intentionally install the wrong driver but it does happen. Just make a restore point first so you know you can recover from safe mode if something goes wrong.

Reaction score
i have read things about this program. it seems great. list the outdated driver with one-click scan, well , i don't update drivers by it. :rolleyes: what i do is to download drivers from the manufacturer sites.

Reaction score
It's a good software you can install and update all PC drivers in a single click. It will automatically download and install specific drivers.

Reaction score
I think realray may have the "answer": use the IObit program to find the outdated drivers, but then go to the manufacturer's site for the actual downloading. That approach appeals to my cautious side.

My thanks to all who responded; it will perhaps help others.

Regards,
BearPup

Reaction score
I was recently looking for a driver updater that I could trust and I read in one of those Best Of lists that Driver Booster by IOBit was the best so I downloaded and installed it only to find it slowed my system down dramatically and Explorer took a long time, with the progress bar going very slowly across the top, to show the contents of my folders and the loading of Firefox and other software was very slow. I uninstalled Driver Booster but it didn't change things. I had to reinstall a backup I had done just before the Driver Booster install and that fixed it.

Ask a Question