Installing Windows 7 RC on a RAID drive array

Reaction score
I'm trying to install Windows 7 64-bit on my brand new custom PC, using a RAID0 drive array. I already set the array in the BIOS, and the BIOS sees it. All shall be going to plan...

Nope.
The beginning of the install goes fine, I accept the Terms and all that good stuff, it's loading files, yadadada.. but when it gets to the part where it's asking me where Windows 7 is asking me what drive it should be on, nothing is there. It asks for drivers (my SB750 RAID drivers) so it can find the drives, I put in my USB flash drive with the RAID drivers (I tried both from disk and website), it tells me that no new devices could be found.
I don't think it's a problem with my physical computer, So it's either that I messed something up in the BIOS or Windows 7 is being picky on it's RAID arrays.

Any solution would be GREATLY appreciated... I've been troubleshooting this problem for more than 12 hours now :mad:.. and that's no lie

Here are some pics in order of occurrence:

Windows 7 Install screen

Setup.

Driver request?

I press OK, I get this

I stick in mah trusty USB flash drive with the RAID drivers

It finds something compatible!

After pressing 'Next', it says no new devices found

Here is just a browse thing

Computer info:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 3.2ghz
Mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70
RAM: 2x2GB Mushkin 1600mhz RAM
GPU: HIS Radeon 4850 IceQ 512MB
HDD: 2x Western Digital Caviar Blacks 500GB in RAID0
PSU: Corsair 750hx
Optical: Samsung DVD burner
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

and yes, I'm using a old CRT moniter :( I'll get a 1920x1080 LCD as soon as I get my computer running >:[

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found out that the MSI RAID drivers are not compatible with Windows 7... I'll just wait until the Windows 7 drivers are, and until than I'll stick to having no RAID :(

Thanks anyway

Ask a Question