Installing a 32bit W7 Ultimate

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
On new laptop with W7 Home 64bit - need help
Hi - Welcome to the forums!
Ok, so firstly, what do you want help for? I suppose you want to know how to get Ultimate on your machine?

Because you already have Home (Premium?) I would say you should do the Windows Anytime Upgrade. Just type "Anytime Upgrade" in the search box and you'll have Ultimate within about 10mins.

Though, why Ultimate? It has only BitLocker and language change more than Pro, but for double the price. If I were you, I would go with Pro instead.

Hope this helps,
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I second the advice that Fire Cat is giving. Anytime Upgrade allows you to upgrade without changing your file system, and no mess is left behind. Unless you need the language packs & Bit Locker, Pro will save you $50 or so. There really is no other advantages, but if you do need it, you'll save a ton of cash with the Anytime Upgrade. However, if your computer has 64 bit installed, and you want 32 bit (Why?), you must do a clean or "custom" install, as it's called. It can be done from an upgrade disc, if you want, but be sure to search the forum on this, to make sure that's what you want. And ghrodgers, welcome to the forum! If you have anymore concerns regarding this or anything else, always feel free to post anytime.

Ask a Question