Installation failure

Reaction score
I have a new system build and now my 780i system is a secondary system. The only thing that is different in my 780i system now is the hard drive (SATA II drive), which was pulled from another system. Everything else is the same: same CPU, memory, vid cards, and bios is current. The drive is going to have a clean Windows install on it. During POST, the SATA drive and optical are detected. I have BIOS set to boot to optical which it does. Windows begins to load files for setup, splash screen comes up, after a few seconds Windows setup freezes, and then I get Blue screen. This happens every time no matter which version of Windows I try to install (I've tried several to include Vista), I've switched out optical drives, changed data cables, data ports, and removed all but 1 RAM stick. Nothing changes during install. The drive is good because I can place it back into its prior system and Windows starts right up. All components in my 780i system works. I just removed its larger SATA drives and placed them in my new build. So, I can say I'm confused at this point. Thanks for any solutions.

Ask a Question