installation error

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a piece of junk named GATEWAY NV59 (I3 core processor with 4GB RAM and 2.13Ghz processor) :eek: and it's giving me issues from the very first day i bought it.. :-(
it's hard disk crashed within 3 months so i just borrowed an 80gb HDD from my friend to work but now when on this HDD i'm trying to install the windows it says "Windos cannot be installed to the disk. (show details)"
after showing the details "windows cannot be installed to the disk. this computer's hardware may not support booting to the disk. ensure that the disk's controller is enable in the computer's BIOS menu."
i've changed SATA mode from IDE to ACHI
mother board and it's battery seems to be working correctly because it's giving me exact date and time...
NOW pls help me to get over to this issue....
it's so annoying...!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try putting your hard drive that came with the pc back in. Then in Windows go to Gateway's website and download updated driver's for your pc. Those computer's sit on store shelves for month's and by the time you get it, those driver's the manufacturer installed are outdated and need to be updated. Windows and all other software will need updating also. Run all programs updaters numerous times, until none are found.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
First, you need to be sure that only the 80 GB drive is hooked up to the motherboard.

Second, have an install DVD of Windows 7 of the version and edition you have the product key for.

Windows 7 is picky in the fact that it like to have only ONE hard drive connected during the install process. Set your DVD drive to be the "First Boot Device" in the System BIOS and save those settings, then reboot the computer with the install DVD in the DVD drive and the setup should begin.

Be sure that ALL partitions have been deleted from the 80GB hard drive too. You can do that during the install process.

Go to this website to see the install screens in the order they appear during the install process: Windows 7 Clean Install Screens

Ask a Question