Windows 7 Installation error led to infinite startup repair loop?

Reaction score
Hi So yesterday i tried to reinstall windows 7 home premium 64 bit on my friend's lenovo ideapad u310 ultrabook "not the touch one" so that i could sell it. Since it did not come with a windows 7 disc I made my own using the windows 7 usb/dvd tool and followed the instructions in the blog i included below about getting the iso for it.

So anyways I went ahead turned off the laptop and restarted with dvd i made earlier. It started the windows installation process and it appeared all was going smoothly. I went to check on it a half hour later, the bar was halfway done on the screen and it had a little red box with a warning saying that the dvd was missing files and the installation could not be completed and as soon as I closed the box it shut down.
Now whenever I turn the laptop on with or without the dvd in it It automatically goes to a black screen that says windows is loading with a grey load bar and then loads up into startup repair mode. It does it little check "and also a minimized box labled X shows up and dissappears in the lower left corner" and then says no errors could be found. Ive clicked on advanced options and checked through those but it leads me no where since the only one i can do anything with is the command prompt.

So I have no idea what to do since im not really this technical. Id ad a photo but im typing this off an ipad and it wont let me do that apparently.

Any help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suggest you create a new DVD and try again.

Ask a Question