Instalation of Win7 extremly slow

Reaction score
Hi to all good people out there. I have instalation problem and I hope that someone will help me to solve it.
I have : Gigabyte MB ; SATAII WD HDD ; AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+; 2 GB Kingston RAM .
I have XP instaled on first partition ( C:\ ) working well and I want to install Win7 onto second partition D:\ and dual boot.
The problem is this : when I try to install Windows 7 RC 7100 x86 everything goes well but extremly slow ( and when I write slow I mean slow ) I was installing it for about 2 hours and it had only finished 13 %.
I stoped the instalation because I know that it is not how it should be.
Can someone help me with these.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Do you have a BlackBerry, G1 or iPhone connected via USB when you're installing? Did you attempt to load AHCI drivers from HDD or USB?

Reaction score
No I didn`t have any device connected to the computer . No I did not attempt to load AHCI drivers from HDD or USB , I just put the DVD into the DVD Rom and boot from it , it booted ok and then there was a progres bar saying "copy files" which ended very fast and after that process where files should be expanded become very slow as I wrote only 13% for about 2 hours and then I stoped it.

Reaction score
No I didn`t have any device connected to the computer . No I did not attempt to load AHCI drivers from HDD or USB , I just put the DVD into the DVD Rom and boot from it , it booted ok and then there was a progres bar saying "copy files" which ended very fast and after that process where files should be expanded become very slow as I wrote only 13% for about 2 hours and then I stoped it.
I am also going through the W7 64 installing slow, I do have a usb mouse connected to the machine but a p2 keyboard and vga monitor.....

It is a new system and freash install on a blank HDD. I dont knwo I am at expanding files which has taken abotu 30 minutes ot get to and now it seems like it is going faster but not as fast as a 32bit on a older machine.........

Reaction score
Hmmm, you could try and reformat partition D, and retry the installation process. Or you could try to reburn the install disk, at the slowest speed possible, to maximize the odds of a good burn to disk.
You have good system specs, so i dont think that is the problem, however you could check the ram for any problems via the install disk.

Reaction score
Hmmm, you could try and reformat partition D, and retry the installation process. Or you could try to reburn the install disk, at the slowest speed possible, to maximize the odds of a good burn to disk.
You have good system specs, so i dont think that is the problem, however you could check the ram for any problems via the install disk.
I figured it out I was using the 32 bit W7 vs the 64bit version. I jsut downloaded the 64 bit
and What is a good iso burner that is free?

Reaction score
I found imgburn never for me, but CDburnerXP worked fine, and it works fantastically on W7.

Ask a Question