Incompatible web browser?

Reaction score
Web browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox) cannot be installed on my laptop. I use Windows Seven Home Premium with 4GB RAM. Thanx.

Other installations are fine. Why do this error occur?

Reaction score
I have W7 Pro 64 bit, I doubt it is W7 problem as I use FF Chrome Pale Moon a FF knock off and MSIE 9
try clearing your cache and then try installing again, if you have CC Cleaner run it

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Many install routines these days are small and then download the bulk of the install from the web. As I mentioned in another thread, I suspect your Bit Defender firewall is preventing downloads.

The other possibilities are insufficient space on the drive where the files are downloaded or where they are to be installed, and that you are not logged on as an Administrator.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
At the first post: You shouldn't have an issue installing them, what bitversion of Windows do you run? x86/x64 (32 or 64 bit)?

If you can't download, and you get an error, I would check your firewall as mentioned, otherwise you could have a corrupt Windows Installer.

@Lead_jbt: What error are you speaking about exactly? You mentioned an error, what kind of error are you seeing?

Last edited by a moderator:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Lead_jbt

I believe your profile may have been corrupted. Create another user, for the test, and see if you can then install those browsers,

Last edited:

Ask a Question